• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UV101
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by brgds
    Many thanks John,
    Andy
    Andy, did you get the PM I sent in reply to your questions about the clock diagrams? I replied some time ago pointing you at this thread but didnt get a reply? Thanks, Ian

Comment

• brgds
      • Nov 2011

Ian, yes, just noticed your message , thanks.
      Andy

Comment

• SBGK
        • Dec 2011

Ian,

thanks for starting the thread up again. removing u14 makes quite a difference.

You might want to change the words in your first picture as the clocks to pins are the wrong way round.

my wireless is still knocked out, I thought this was an option that Fidelity Audio could promote as most people will be running it via ethernet.

Anyway, the latest version of Fidelity Audio mods declares that the wireless does work, so the new micro clock 2 and different mod design must have fixed that particular issue. It's exciting being part of product development, hopefully people who have the FA mods done will have a better product as a result.
        Touch optimisations http://touchsgotrythm.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• UV101
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SBGK
          Ian,

thanks for starting the thread up again. removing u14 makes quite a difference.

You might want to change the words in your first picture as the clocks to pins are the wrong way round.

my wireless is still knocked out, I thought this was an option that Fidelity Audio could promote as most people will be running it via ethernet.

Anyway, the latest version of Fidelity Audio mods declares that the wireless does work, so the new micro clock 2 and different mod design must have fixed that particular issue. It's exciting being part of product development, hopefully people who have the FA mods done will have a better product as a result.
          Sorry....no interest in talking to you... I'm not interested in what Fidelity Audio or your wireless are doing on this thread but you seem to be obsessed. Anyway...photos down and I'm off.

Sorry once again to the really interested parties, but I'm not prepared to contribute in the same arena as this guy. laters
          Last edited by UV101; 2012-06-25, 09:05.

Comment

• andyjayh
            • Feb 2006

And another interesting thread killed off
            Lounge - SB Touch with TT3.0, DC cap mod, XBMC ASRock, Proceed AVP2, CinePro 3K6, Monitor Audio GR20's, 10TB unRAID
            Workshop - SB3, T-Amp, JBL C1's
            Office - SB Touch, CLabs 2.1

Comment

• Solrac
              • Aug 2011

I would like to know!

Hi Mr Swenson!

You helped me a while ago and I'm still grateful.

I would like to know more about your idea you suggested in your OP.

I dare not to perform surgery on my Touch, but I'm open (and anxious) to improve its sound.

Please let us the unskilled know about the implementation of your proposal.

Tks!

Comment

• TheOctavist
                • Dec 2011

does anyone think any hardware modifications are worth doing if using the SBT with an external DAC?

if so, which ones? and how?
                Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100

Comment

• breizheau
                  • Nov 2011

I'd like to remove all the plastic parts of my SBT and integrate it in a DIY DAC using using I2S signal.

I have already did mods on my SBT like decoupling U14 with a 100uF Sanyo SMD caps, replacing U105 & U136 by 47uF and replacing the e-cap 33uF with a 100uF Sanyo SMD cap (i did a s***t here but it's fixed now.

My next step will be to replace the oscillators with a very good ones like the Crystek and good PSU.

The DAC will not have receiver (eg : CS8416 or WM8804 usually use un DAC) but the I2S signal will be connected straight to the I2S inputs of the PCM1794.

I hope to do this before the summer.....

Comment

• brgds
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by breizheau
                    I'd like to remove all the plastic parts of my SBT and integrate it in a DIY DAC using using I2S signal.

I have already did mods on my SBT like decoupling U14 with a 100uF Sanyo SMD caps, replacing U105 & U136 by 47uF and replacing the e-cap 33uF with a 100uF Sanyo SMD cap (i did a s***t here but it's fixed now.

My next step will be to replace the oscillators with a very good ones like the Crystek and good PSU.

The DAC will not have receiver (eg : CS8416 or WM8804 usually use un DAC) but the I2S signal will be connected straight to the I2S inputs of the PCM1794.

I hope to do this before the summer.....
                    What you mean by "replacing U105 & U136 by 47uF"?
                    My SBT is already plastic-less and I'm thinking also about I2S direct connection to my bufflo/sabre DAC, but from what I learned that's not easy...

Comment

• breizheau
                      • Nov 2011

It means that i have changed the 2 caps. The new caps are 47uF.

Question : what is U24 and the value of C111 ?

Comment

• leonidp
                        • Oct 2020

no pictures available

Hello, is there any possibility to get the detailed pictures of the modification you did? - the thread is so old that the original pictures were removed, which makes not possible to reproduce the great rework you suggested!

Comment

Working...