Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Qobuz application: any hope?

Hello,

I'm very interesting in Qobuz offer (http://www.qobuz.com/) which is a provider of high-quality streaming (MP3 320kbps CBR and even FLAC 16/44 for premium users!). The point is that to be able to have gapless mode, you have to use their dedicated client, available only for Windows and MacOSX - then only web client for Linux, which is not gapless...

Anyway, I prefer my squeezebox to listen to music. I've get in touch with their support: it seems that they have contacted Logitech for the development of a plugin (I assume though MySqueezebox.com for piracy concerns) and then to guy asked me to turn over to Logitech to known the status.

So: what is the status?

Thanks!

> So: what is the status?

While Qobuz is on the list of interesting services, there's no schedule
    for it.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > So: what is the status?

While Qobuz is on the list of interesting services, there's no schedule
    for it.

--

Michael
    ? Are there many companies that offer 16/44.1 streaming of 3M refs ??
    Why Logitech doesn't try to be the first that proposes this streaming without a computer ?

Qobuz... Just amazing!

Well, I didn't know Qobuz before reading this thread.

Not only they are offering streaming radio, it is also possible to buy tracks in high quality frome a huge catalogue. You can even choose your file format (flac, alac, mp3, ...).

Great site!
    Touch + Cambridge Audio 651R & DAC Magic + Q Acoustics 1050i / Touch + Onkyo TX-SR309 + Morel Applause MKII / SB2, SB3, and Duet / Boom / 7 Radios (2 red, 3 black & 2 whites) / Ipeng & SqueezePad / Windows 7 + LMS 7.8.0 - 1395409907 on ASRock ION 330

> Not only they are offering streaming radio, it is also possible to buy
    > tracks in high quality frome a huge catalogue. You can even choose your
    > file format (flac, alac, mp3, ...).
    >
    > Great site!

It's France only, isn't it?

--

Michael

I am located in Belgium and could buy an album in FLAC without any problem.

I think only the streaming service is for France. I need to investigate more...
    Touch + Cambridge Audio 651R & DAC Magic + Q Acoustics 1050i / Touch + Onkyo TX-SR309 + Morel Applause MKII / SB2, SB3, and Duet / Boom / 7 Radios (2 red, 3 black & 2 whites) / Ipeng & SqueezePad / Windows 7 + LMS 7.8.0 - 1395409907 on ASRock ION 330

I'm located in Switzerland and would be interested by a Qobuz plugin as well. I have 2 SB3 and 1 touch in house.

Qobuz streaming service

Ciao from Italy!
    I am listening to the streaming service from Qobuz (FLAC 16/44) as I write. These people are serious. I buy almost all of my music from them (studio masters are usually 96/24). I download AIFF files directly into iTunes. I, too, wish that there was a plug-in so that I can listen through Transporter. I think that these French folks are in synch with this community. BTW. There is a free 3 day streaming offer in effect now. I am not shilling for them. I am just a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    It's France only, isn't it?
    AFAIK, it's also (officially) available from Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland right now, and they said more EU countries would follow in 2012, once they're done with i18n concerns.
    I'm also eagerly waiting for some plugin to use their lossless streaming service from my Squeezeboxes.

Plug-In?

Any news on a plug-in for my Squeezebox please?