Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Vagskal, I'm thinking of getting an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch myself. But I don't really want to have to get used to a new UI, or redevelop muso. Have you ever tried a remote desktop connection to your windows PC using an app something like Team Viewer (which I believe is free) and running muso from the device that way? Would it work?

Sure it would work. I use the app Splashtop. But I do not think muso is designed for a touch screen. I would recommend iPeng if you want to control your Squeezeboxes from an iThing (or SqueezePad if you get an iPad).
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

new to Muso - can't get to run

Apologies in advance for what is likely a boneheaded request. I'd really like to try Muso with my Vortexbox/SB, and I've downloaded 1.4.06 and .Net framework to my Win XP laptop, and installed both. When I click on Muso to run, it spins for a bit and then nothing happens. Any advice on how I can get Muso to load in Windows? Thanks in advance!

Try running it in debug mode (from the Start menu) and looking for an error in the muso.log file. It sounds like .NET may not have installed correctly, was it definitely version 3.5 you installed, with service pack 1?

Incidentally, there are some guidelines on the vortexbox forums how to connect muso to your squeezebox database.
    http://vortexbox.org/forum/?forum=al...ude=1&search=1
    http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=SetupMuso - though this applies to a mysql database - does vortexbox support the sqlite version now?
    Last edited by jezbo; 2011-12-10 at 15:29.

In the list of an artist's albums there are no Play Now/Enqueue controls for albums where the artist is a "Supporting Artist" or "Supporting Contributor". I think there should be.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    In the list of an artist's albums there are no Play Now/Enqueue controls for albums where the artist is a "Supporting Artist" or "Supporting Contributor". I think there should be.
    OK this will be in the next version.

EDIT: It's there now, in 1.4.08
    Last edited by jezbo; 2011-12-21 at 08:09.

Quote Originally Posted by jezbo View Post
    OK this will be in the next version.
    Thanks!

Your fields:

all my classical tags are ripped in flac by me.

I have provided the conductor, Orchestra from MP3Tag.
    When I load your software, these fields are not filled in. (I'm guessing that they are either ID3v2 fields, which I don't populate for flac or they are Muso proprietary which means when I tag my 1000+ CDs, that info is ONLY good for Muso) Please clarify. Thanks.

It's the best looking thing I've seen yet, but it MUST support classical typical vorbis comments. You could get around a big request mod here by allowing a mapping of fields.

Where do you get the information for:

Conductor
    Performer
    Band
    I have orchestra

Quote Originally Posted by camelx View Post
    all my classical tags are ripped in flac by me.

I have provided the conductor, Orchestra from MP3Tag.
    When I load your software, these fields are not filled in. (I'm guessing that they are either ID3v2 fields, which I don't populate for flac or they are Muso proprietary which means when I tag my 1000+ CDs, that info is ONLY good for Muso) Please clarify. Thanks.

It's the best looking thing I've seen yet, but it MUST support classical typical vorbis comments. You could get around a big request mod here by allowing a mapping of fields.

Where do you get the information for:

Conductor
    Performer
    Band
    I have orchestra
    I'm assuming you are scanning the files themselves via a folder scan rather than synchronisng with Squeezebox Server, correct? If so I'll double-check the flac tag support.
    And perhaps send me one or two flac files where you have all these attributes encoded, for testing purposes.
    Last edited by jezbo; 2012-01-07 at 03:14.

Thanks

Yes that is correct. I'll send you file now. Thank you.