Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1105
  1. #11
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Yes, it is working again in .05. Thanks!
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  2. #12
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Would it be possible to add an option to play the tracks in an album shuffled? Sometimes with some multi disc VA albums I want to do this. A right click menu or an alt+click option, perhaps?

    EDIT: A way to play an entire genre shuffled could also be useful.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    Would it be possible to add an option to play the tracks in an album shuffled? Sometimes with some multi disc VA albums I want to do this. A right click menu or an alt+click option, perhaps?

    EDIT: A way to play an entire genre shuffled could also be useful.
    Well, such things are normally left to the player itself, it's just a click on the remote for Squeezebox devices, and similar for iTunes and Winamp players. It's do-able though, since I think all the player APIs support toggling shuffle mode. I'll evaluate the best place for it - right-click context menu only probably.

  4. #14
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by jezbo View Post
    Well, such things are normally left to the player itself, it's just a click on the remote for Squeezebox devices, and similar for iTunes and Winamp players.
    Yes, I know but I tend to forget to switch off the shuffle mode afterwards and end up playing all albums shuffled for a while. Plus I would have to use something other than muso to get the desired mode of play.

    Thanks for considering this.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    Yes, I know but I tend to forget to switch off the shuffle mode afterwards and end up playing all albums shuffled for a while. Plus I would have to use something other than muso to get the desired mode of play.

    Thanks for considering this.
    So it's just the one album you'd want shuffled, rather than turning on shuffle mode. That makes it a muso function, it can randomise the tracks itself. I'll look into it.

    NB. You can already queue up random tracks by genre - select a genre from the filter quick-pick list, then hit the magic wand (queues up 10 random tracks each click, it ensures there are no duplicates even if you click 10 times).

  6. #16
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by jezbo View Post
    So it's just the one album you'd want shuffled, rather than turning on shuffle mode.
    Yes, that is it.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    908
    Vagskal, how does muso on windows compare to iPeng on ipad/iphone? Are there any features of one which you'd like to see on the other?

  8. #18
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by jezbo View Post
    Vagskal, how does muso on windows compare to iPeng on ipad/iphone? Are there any features of one which you'd like to see on the other?
    Thanks for asking!

    A simple request would be to show the origin of the lyrics displayed for the Now Playing track. In iPeng I can see if there are no lyrics embedded in the music file but iPeng found lyrics on the internet, and then I can try to find the lyrics and embed them (since that is the way I like to have it).

    A more complicated request would be to have muso automatically detect changes to the SBS database and doing a resync.

    More links to the artist, album and track (Wikipedia, AMG, MusicBrainz and Discogs) could also be useful (maybe even a browser window/tab within muso).

    And - although muso is excellent as a SBS front end on a Windows PC already as is - I have many more ideas so just keep asking if you have too much spare time. (How about an Artists "cover wall", like with Albums but with artist images from LastFM? That non SBS related idea I got from from JRiver Media Center.)
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    Thanks for asking!

    A simple request would be to show the origin of the lyrics displayed for the Now Playing track. In iPeng I can see if there are no lyrics embedded in the music file but iPeng found lyrics on the internet, and then I can try to find the lyrics and embed them (since that is the way I like to have it).

    A more complicated request would be to have muso automatically detect changes to the SBS database and doing a resync.

    More links to the artist, album and track (Wikipedia, AMG, MusicBrainz and Discogs) could also be useful (maybe even a browser window/tab within muso).

    And - although muso is excellent as a SBS front end on a Windows PC already as is - I have many more ideas so just keep asking if you have too much spare time. (How about an Artists "cover wall", like with Albums but with artist images from LastFM? That non SBS related idea I got from from JRiver Media Center.)
    I like the artist cover wall idea. The main content area in muso is web based, & I'm just getting into the jquery javascript library - there are many jquery plugins I could use (example: http://www.professorcloud.com/mainsite/carousel.htm) to make new pretty displays in muso. It should be relatively easy to combine this with the last.fm artist.getImages API.
    Last edited by jezbo; 2011-12-03 at 01:57.

  10. #20
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Thanks for listening! The display view in the referenced link - or some other solution - could be useful in a full screen display where different images (back, inside, inlay, booklet, cd/lp/single) for one album are displayed really large and can be altered/moved by the arrow keys.

    I forgot to request the ability to display embedded cover art for the Now Playing song. (For compilation or VA albums I embed different singles cover art for each track, and I have a folder.jpg in the album folder to represent the compilation/VA album as an entity.) SBS and iPeng can display individual cover art for the currently playing song.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •