Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

MUSO - Support Thread

Muso has been, for the most part, very stable since it's production release. However little issues do crop up from time to time. To date these have been dealt with using email or the klarita.net muso forum. The latter has unfortunately been taken down due to misuse. Therefore if you prefer public support rather than email, please feel free to use this thread, which I will check regularly. There's usually only one or two issues ongoing (if any) at any one time so this single thread shouldn't get too chaotic.

-- MUSO developer
    http://klarita.net/muso.html
    Last edited by jezbo; 2011-11-17 at 09:16.

What's the status regarding Muso and Linux or OSX support ? Is there any way to get it to work reliably on Linux or OSX ?

Muso looks really great, but the thing that always stops me is that I've bad experience with other applications when trying to use Wine and Mono, which both often have various issues. Does Muso work reliable with Wine or Mono ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    What's the status regarding Muso and Linux or OSX support ? Is there any way to get it to work reliably on Linux or OSX ?

Muso looks really great, but the thing that always stops me is that I've bad experience with other applications when trying to use Wine and Mono, which both often have various issues. Does Muso work reliable with Wine or Mono ?
    To be honest, I've not tried it. I don't imagine it will work as is, but maybe with a bit of code tweaking it could be made to. I will try this some time, promise. At least I can try it on Linux quite easily, I'll have to investigate whether OSX can be run on a virtual machine inside Windows (or collaborate with someone with a Mac) to test it.
    Last edited by jezbo; 2011-11-14 at 04:57.

Running muso in a WM run on OSX which in turn is run in a WM on Win sounds like a challenge.

Sorry to hear about your forum.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    Running muso in a WM run on OSX which in turn is run in a WM on Win sounds like a challenge.

Sorry to hear about your forum.
    I managed to install OSX in a VM in VirtualBox, but it crashes before I can do anything useful. Looks like I may have to invest in a Mac.

For some reason the .04 version you just released is not showing what is playing on my SB players. The Play and Pause controls in muso work.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

For some reason the .04 version you just released is not showing what is playing on my SB players. The Play and Pause controls in muso work.
    That's odd since both functions rely on the CLI rather than db access - I will check it out. In the mean time, please send me a log file if you can.

I have already uninstalled .04 and reverted back to .03 that is working just fine. Let me know if you cannot find anything and need a log.

I have already uninstalled .04 and reverted back to .03 that is working just fine. Let me know if you cannot find anything and need a log.
    It seems to be working fine for me against SB 7.6.1. I'll upgrade to the latest to see if that affects it, but what version of SB are you on?
    EDIT: Nope, works fine with "Logitech Media Server" 7.7.0 too.

When you had this issue was the song already playing when you started muso, and was that song in the muso database? If it wasn't yet in the muso database, that is one scenario where it can't display Now Playing information.
    Last edited by jezbo; 2011-11-17 at 09:34.

Release News - 1.4.05

OK I tried it with the 1.4.04 install (rather than running it from my dev environment) and had the same problem as you, I'm not sure why but perhaps one of the packages wasn't upgraded properly. So I rebuilt everything with new version numbers, and made a 1.4.05 release, which seems to resolve the issue.
    Last edited by jezbo; 2011-11-17 at 11:39.