Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm one of the older (as in actual age) members of this forum and I've lived in the NYC area all my life so I've seen quite a few concerts, many of which happened to recorded and released. So here goes:

George Harrison - The Concert for Bangladesh (1971)

The Allman Brothers Band - At the Fillmore East (1971)

The Kinks - Everybody's in Show Biz (1972)

Lou Reed - Rock 'n Roll Animal (1973)

Miles Davis - Dark Magus (1974)

There are probably others but those are the ones that I'm sure of. There are also many times where I saw a concert from a tour that produced a live album but not from the show I saw such as Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now (recorded in LA, not NY). Plus there must be one of Grateful Dead concerts that I attended that have since been 'officially" released but I've lost track.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    I'm one of the older (as in actual age) members of this forum and I've lived in the NYC area all my life so I've seen quite a few concerts, many of which happened to recorded and released. So here goes:

George Harrison - The Concert for Bangladesh (1971)

The Allman Brothers Band - At the Fillmore East (1971)

The Kinks - Everybody's in Show Biz (1972)

Lou Reed - Rock 'n Roll Animal (1973)

Miles Davis - Dark Magus (1974)

There are probably others but those are the ones that I'm sure of. There are also many times where I saw a concert from a tour that produced a live album but not from the show I saw such as Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now (recorded in LA, not NY). Plus there must be one of Grateful Dead concerts that I attended that have since been 'officially" released but I've lost track.
    The Band and Bob Dylan tour that produced the Before the Flood album.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Bootleg only, but Pink Floyd, May 9, 1977, Oakland.

Dave Matthews Dam live in Golden Gate Park (2004?). Official band release.

U2 - Sacramento in 2001 (Bootleg but excellent recording).

Nine Inch Nails - semi-official recording from December 2009 in Sacramento; Trent Reznor was angry at his label so essentially posted the audio and video from the concert (and 2 other concerts) for anyone to download.

Three that come to mind offhand, that I have in my library

Jerry Goodman's It's Alive

Grateful Dead's Terrapin Station Live (Limited Edition)

Tom Wait's Bad As Me - just the Atlanta show, two songs made the album - Make It Rain & Lucky Day
    "You know, I'm all for progress. It's change I object to."
    Mark Twain

5 Receivers, 1 Boom, 1 Radio, 1 Controller, 1 iPhone w/iPeng & Squeezebox Apps

I was at the Dallas, Texas show that was filmed for a portion of this official DVD. I was in high school, what can I say. But I did enjoy it and what seems old hat these days was quite the extreme back then. Still a fan of the "Love it to Death" album....

Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper - Live 1973 - Billion Dollar Babies Tour (1973)
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Pete Townshend live

Saw Pete Townshend live at La Jolla Playhouse in 2001, first of two nights. Both nights were released on Townshend's Eel Pie label as part of his "authorized live" series. Spectacular show, truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.