Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 147 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_eleven View Post
    Not meant to hijack the thread...Any suggestions on quality CAT6 cable thats available in US, other than Meicord or Draka, both of which are not in US.
    Bulk for wiring your home (50 ft plus) or short cables.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Bulk for wiring your home (50 ft plus) or short cables.
    Short 2m cables between laptop and switch and SBT.

cable is cable is cable is cable.

yes.
    Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100

Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100

Try http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/...bles/index.htm as good as they get and cheaper and you can specify any length you want .

Is the computer in the same room as the player ? A worthwhile tweak is to move it to another room to get rid of the fan noise .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    This was a good price .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Get decent but don't overpay

I had an electrical contractor come in and do the data wiring runs and (most importantly as far as I was concerned) terminations in my home, primarily for my digital audio setup but also for general computing use. Because it was new wiring, I got a nice gigabit switch and just had them order their own brand of decent quality cat6 cable.

It's not a huge run from the the DSL modem/router and switch to the Vortexbox and Touch---perhaps 15-20 feet of cable into a duplex data outlet near the audio gear. Then, a few feet of cable plugged into the outlet from the two devices.

I probably have 7 or 8 other seperate devices plugged into this mini-network, including a wireless router and, simply put, it all works terrifically well and has been flawless from day one (a year ago, now).

I'm a fan of paying up to get better where it seems that it might make a difference but, personally, I wouldn't pay extra money for "audiophile ethernet cable" (or speaker wire--Blue Jeans is just right IMHO!).
    Last edited by rgro; 2012-01-28 at 22:35.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV Signature amp > Revel Performa R208 speakers.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 1415789670 on a 1TB Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by rgro View Post
    I had an electrical contractor come in and do the data wiring runs and (most importantly as far as I was concerned) terminations in my home, primarily for my digital audio setup but also for general computing use. Because it was new wiring, I got a nice gigabit switch and just had them order their own brand of decent quality cat6 cable.

It's not a huge run from the the DSL modem/router and switch to the Vortexbox and Touch---perhaps 15-20 feet of cable into a duplex data outlet near the audio gear. Then, a few feet of cable plugged into the outlet from the two devices.

I probably have 7 or 8 other seperate devices plugged into this mini-network, including a wireless router and, simply put, it all works terrifically well and has been flawless from day one (a year ago, now).

I'm a fan of paying up to get better where it seems that it might make a difference but, personally, I wouldn't pay extra money for "audiophile ethernet cable" (or speaker wire--Blue Jeans is just right IMHO!).
    Bluejean is CAT5/5E though.