Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 176 of 199 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1989
    Yes I did enable remoter login. I chose the program with the wireless enabled since I'm not hard wired. ???? I wonder if there's a possible problem with the program?

Guido, I just did a complete reboot and made all of the changes over again. This is my third attempt and still can't get past the login prompt as mentioned. ???? I'm a bit baffled .............

Quote Originally Posted by zenieth View Post
    Yes I did enable remoter login. I chose the program with the wireless enabled since I'm not hard wired. ???? I wonder if there's a possible problem with the program?
    There is no problem with either TT3.0 version, as far as I know.

Try using WinSCP instead of PuTTY, and remember to check the SCP box for transfer protocol.

If this does not work, please report all the steps you have taken prior to reaching the no-go point. It does sound baffling . . .

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    Vortexbox Appliance>DLink Bridge>Ethernet>Squeezebox Touch/EDO>Benchmark DAC2 D>
    DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones

The protocol is correct @ SCP. WINSCP instead of PUTTY? How do you do that when you have to click on PUTTY (double screen icon) to enact getting to the login screen where I have the problem? I'm no wizard obviously but I'm pretty good at following directions. Thank you for giving me your expertise in resolving this issue, its greatly appreciated too!

I found the console in WINSCP but any command whether root or root and the touch address gives me access denied. I I also tried the PUTTY icon once again with out success. ?????

I found the console in WINSCP but can not get anything to execute. I tried : root / root and the Touch address / password / 1234 All come up witha ccess denied. ???

I found the console in WINSCP but can not get anything to execute. I tried : root / root and the Touch address / password / 1234 All come up witha ccess denied. ???
    If you get access denied, it would appear that either the IP address is incorrect, the transfer protocol is incorrect, or the remote login in the Touch is not enabled. Everything OK with your network, router, etc?

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Vortexbox Appliance>DLink Bridge>Ethernet>Squeezebox Touch/EDO>Benchmark DAC2 D>
    DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Treadmill:

The IP address that I'm using is that of the Touch. The server IP address is not the same as the Touch if that matters at all. I wouldn't think so. The transfer protocol is correct per the instructions and I have the Remote Login enabled. I don't have any router problems that I'm aware of. Maybe I should try it with another PC. I had a new HD installed but the operating system is doing everything fine. In fact I'm using the same Laptop that I used when I installed 2.0. I never had any problems entering the 1234 password then. Everything appears to be correct so I will try again tomorrow on another PC. I'll start from scratch and report my progress. This shouldn't be so difficult and it wouldn't be if I could get past the password issue ........

The IP address that I'm using is that of the Touch. The server IP address is not the same as the Touch if that matters at all. I wouldn't think so. The transfer protocol is correct per the instructions and I have the Remote Login enabled. I don't have any router problems that I'm aware of. Maybe I should try it with another PC. I had a new HD installed but the operating system is doing everything fine. In fact I'm using the same Laptop that I used when I installed 2.0. I never had any problems entering the 1234 password then. Everything appears to be correct so I will try again tomorrow on another PC. I'll start from scratch and report my progress. This shouldn't be so difficult and it wouldn't be if I could get past the password issue ........
    Hmm . . .

Forgot to ask: is music playing through your Touch? If so, the problem should not have anything to do with HD or computer. But it's worth a try with a different PC.

Good luck!

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Treadmill:

If you SSH over wifi you may have to try a couple of times in a row before it succeeds .

If you factory reset it you have to reenable the remote login via the Touch screen and as usual if in doubt factory reset .

Sometimes you have to turn of the firewall to use SSH ( or open the used ports ).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html