Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

No audio from my Boom.

Hi there. I've had my Squeezebox Boom for a year and a half now. I rarely use it, since I keep it in my room and I usually listen to music through my computer. I'm pretty sure my total usage of this has been under 20 times. That being said, I have now hit an issue with it.

It started off with static when I turned it on. A lot of it. I would try to play some songs, and the static would just continue. Eventually every once in awhile, a little bit of a song would come through the speakers (along with some static), but then is replaced by all static again. I've tried resetting to the factory settings, but again, once it turned on, I got static.

Half an hour of messing around with the settings, it now produces absolutely no sound...not even static. What I'm noticing though is that on the display, the progress bar isn't moving. And when looking at the Squeezebox Server, it would progress for a few seconds, then restart. And it will just keep doing that.

Is this something that's fixable by me?

Try the two reset types described in this thread, http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeez...LK/td-p/498986
    Likely it's enough with the Xilinx reset so try that first to see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    Try the two reset types described in this thread, http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeez...LK/td-p/498986
    Likely it's enough with the Xilinx reset so try that first to see if it helps.
    Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried both already--several times, actually. I know my speakers aren't messed up because I used the line-in function, and my mp3 player played through the speakers just fine. I just uninstalled Squeezebox Server and installed the most recent one, but I'm still having the same problem.

I can select songs; I can select radio stations. It's just that nothing else is happening after I do so. It says "NOW PLAYING" with the song title beneath it, but the progress bar remains still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiki View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried both already--several times, actually. I know my speakers aren't messed up because I used the line-in function, and my mp3 player played through the speakers just fine. I just uninstalled Squeezebox Server and installed the most recent one, but I'm still having the same problem.

I can select songs; I can select radio stations. It's just that nothing else is happening after I do so. It says "NOW PLAYING" with the song title beneath it, but the progress bar remains still.
    what if you connect the boom to mysqueezebox.com instead as a source and try an internet radio station. Your problem sounds more like a port being blocked between the computer running SbS and the BOOM.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    what if you connect the boom to mysqueezebox.com instead as a source and try an internet radio station. Your problem sounds more like a port being blocked between the computer running SbS and the BOOM.
    Yeah, I've tried that as well. I even connected via ethernet cable directly to the modem instead of the router. It obtained an IP address just fine, and I connected to mysqueezebox.com and tried to play a few random Internet radio stations. Still nothing. :\ It goes through the typical buffering, and after that's completed, nothing plays.

I'm thinking this is probably a hardware issue. Bummer.

Unhappy

Hello,

I thought it was a hardware issue... but i have EXACTLY the same problem since 3 days !

I'm using my squeezebox boom everyday and it was the first time i have this issue !

I tried (with NO success) :
    - my own squeezebox server (QNAP) OR logitech mysqueezebox.com
    - mp3 or webradios
    - Ethernet OR wifi
    - MUTE line in
    - Factory reset

Everything is working, Except speakers : only static and a little bit of a song sometimes, with a lot of noise.
    I also have a "classic" v3 squeezebox wich is working perfectly on the same ethernet network.

It's very strange to have TWO problems like that just NOW ?
    Please HELP !!

Vincent
    Last edited by vhenninot; 2011-11-07 at 02:18.