Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Print out CD list

Maybe I forgot to add:

Currently, it sorts artists, and gathers albums under each artist - albums are sorted after their Year, track sorting after track number.

I'd like it to also present the file format (flac, mp3, ogg, etc. and bitrate) along with the album data

Since I've used Picard for tagging, my tags do not include genres, but I certainly see the usefulness of that.
    I'll see what I can do in this matter, but I worry a bit that not all tracks in an album would have the same genre tag, and hence, we wouldn't be listing whole albums.

Right now it also occurs to me, that I might have chosen perl instead of python - since perl will already be present, when SBS is.
    This would probably also facilitate publishing the application as a plugin (or is that squeezebox app, now?)

I guess I'll skip the .pdf conversion, and simply aim at presenting a HTML report, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Dennis View Post
    I, too, was looking for something to make a list of albums..

Also: Any special wishes, other than being able to make a nice list of your albums?

Suggestions are welcomed, I don't hold a patent on getting good ideas
    I'd like to be able to output the list without thumbnails as most of my music has no album cover (live stuff)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fphredd View Post
    I'd like to be able to output the list without thumbnails as most of my music has no album cover (live stuff)

Thanks!
    ACC will do this w the quick reference catalog. I also have a lot of live music w no covers and chose this route. Keep in mind that this will still be a large document. My approx 2k album collection was 38 pages. The full catalog w artwork and track listings becomes ginormous.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_knott View Post
    I just use the following from a command prompt after navigating to the music's source folder:

Dir /s /on >c:\dirlist.txt

The text file can then be edited in Excel, if required.

Mike...
    +1 for this method.
    This is the simplest way of accomplishing what you need. You can even do some additional formatting with some simple macros in excel.
    M-DAC -> Cambridge Audio Azur 840E -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
    1 x Wandboard Dual behind the bedroom ceiling
    1 x Wandboard Dual for msqueeze project
    1 x Wandboard Quad (will eventually become my LMS server)
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.8.1. - 1402661598
    iPeng 7 on iPhone.
    SqueezePad & iPeng 7 on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

I, too, was looking for something to make a list of albums..

I tried van Holts' solution, but it "only" works on windows with IE, and "only" if the squeezebox server database is mysql.

There is no criticism involved here, I think van Holts' solution is pretty neat, so I'm merely stating facts..

I'm studying python and sqlite (free time project), and I've hacked together a small program that can extract the data and present it along with a down-scaled (thumbnail?) version of the album art.

Right now I'm struggling a bit with presenting data nicely in a .pdf file, as well as porting the application to other OS'es. (I'm on linux, and running SBS 7.6.1 - r33110)
    Maybe I should let the output be HTML, and users could, themselves, convert to the "proper" format that they like the most?

Making a GUI for it will certainly present a challenge, I'm sure...

I'll make sure to inform in this thread, when I have something that could be worth your time.

If you're interested in this, could you please reveal what OS you are running squeezeboxserver on ?

Also: Any special wishes, other than being able to make a nice list of your albums?

Suggestions are welcomed, I don't hold a patent on getting good ideas
    Very interesting.

I use W7 64 bit -

Currently 7.7 is on my WHS 2011 server. I also have 7.6.2 on my W7 ultimate 64 bit machine but it is not running. 7.7 exe seems fine on the WHS-2011 server. I have a copy of my flac files in both machines.

List searchable by artist, composer, date etc and then printed to pdf wojuld be very nice so one cold have several different pdfs.

e.g.

Davis, Miles (list of CDs)
    Verdi (list of CDs)

or Krall (list of CDs)

etc

Joel
    Joel

Maybe I forgot to add:

Currently, it sorts artists, and gathers albums under each artist - albums are sorted after their Year, track sorting after track number.

I'd like it to also present the file format (flac, mp3, ogg, etc. and bitrate) along with the album data

Since I've used Picard for tagging, my tags do not include genres, but I certainly see the usefulness of that.
    I'll see what I can do in this matter, but I worry a bit that not all tracks in an album would have the same genre tag, and hence, we wouldn't be listing whole albums.

Right now it also occurs to me, that I might have chosen perl instead of python - since perl will already be present, when SBS is.
    This would probably also facilitate publishing the application as a plugin (or is that squeezebox app, now?)

I guess I'll skip the .pdf conversion, and simply aim at presenting a HTML report, for now.
    please let me know when you want someone to try it out.

joel
    Joel

If you can SQL

If you simply want lists and you know SQL you can download an SQLite viewer tool and extract the data pretty easily. You need to stop the server first as it won't allow the viewer tools to access the database while the server is running.
    Louis
    Last.fm

I'm on the way....

This just to "keep up the hope".. it still might take a while.

I've jumped aboard the graphics programming - not easy, but still seems doable, within a reasonable time horisont.

For my own, private, reasons I want the program to function and look the same, on Windows, OSX and linux. That will probably make it last a little longer, but that's what I want..
    (Actually, I'm trying to build skills for another project)

Screenshots are too large to attach here, so I've uploaded some at imageshack.
    Right now it looks like this, on linux and Windows, respectively.

Please let me know what you think:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/linux1.png
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/linux2.png
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/412/winim.png

"Templates", or sketches for HTML output, as well as other ideas are still much welcomed

This just to "keep up the hope".. it still might take a while.

I've jumped aboard the graphics programming - not easy, but still seems doable, within a reasonable time horisont.

For my own, private, reasons I want the program to function and look the same, on Windows, OSX and linux. That will probably make it last a little longer, but that's what I want..
    (Actually, I'm trying to build skills for another project)

Screenshots are too large to attach here, so I've uploaded some at imageshack.
    Right now it looks like this, on linux and Windows, respectively.

Please let me know what you think:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/linux1.png
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/linux2.png
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/412/winim.png

"Templates", or sketches for HTML output, as well as other ideas are still much welcomed
    The images look good to me - great work. I have a couple of questions...

I run SbS/LMS on a Linux based NAS but use a MacBook Pro (running OSX Lion) as a portal into the NAS.

1. Will your GUI allow access to a database on another computer/server/NAS?

2. Are you intending to make a GUI for Mac as well as for Linux and Windows?

It would be a really good cataloging solution for us Mac users.

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Wandboard SoA as main server and player running LMS 7.9
    Lavry DA-10 DAC
    HP PC as secondary server running LMS 7.9
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Yes, the final program will work on Macs as well..

The first version(s) will make a copy of your database (for more than one reason), so if the file library.db is visible from any device (windows, linux, OSX) attached to the NAS, of if you can download a copy of the database, it should work - well, albumart won't, as I would need file access to that as well.

Hmm.. maybe I should work out a path substitution of sorts for all the folks running Squeezebox server on a NAS..

I'm interested to find out, if there could be made som sort of one-fits-all solution - also for users of older versions of Squeezebox/Slimserver (running mySQL).

I wondered about scraping the squeezebox webservice, but I think it will be too hard - and far too easily broken after updating SBS and so...

Thanks for feedback