Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: LMS 7.7 rc1

Another suggestion:
    Would it be possible to run the picture and video scanner AFTER the music scan?
    Right now I can't get the picture scan to complete and the result is that I I've got a umber of images but I can't use LMS for music at all because it never even starts to scan my music... And for a picture server alone... well, there are better ones.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

MrSinatra
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Another suggestion:
    Right now I can't get the picture scan to complete and the result is that I I've got a umber of images but I can't use LMS for music at all because it never even starts to scan my music... And for a picture server alone... well, there are better ones.
    r u saying scans are all or nothing?

there is no way it should be designed that way... there should be multiple scan modes. if u add an album, you shouldn't have to rescan all your photos or videos.

similar:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10429

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14956

Well, it's the inital scan I can't get to complete...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Another suggestion:
    Right now I can't get the picture scan to complete and the result is that I I've got a umber of images but I can't use LMS for music at all because it never even starts to scan my music...
    +1

Currently video and pictures just cause problems for me because it takes really long to scan them (compared to music) and they aren't possible to browse in a way that's usable with the naming/structure I have on the disk.

Ideally, on top of your suggestion, I'd like the possibility to select to only rescan a specific folder. This is particularly interesting since I rarely add both photos, videos and music at the same time, typically I'll add just one of the media types at the time so rescanning the other folders always is pretty pointless.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
    r u saying scans are all or nothing?

there is no way it should be designed that way... there should be multiple scan modes. if u add an album, you shouldn't have to rescan all your photos or videos.
    Yes if you with "all" mean that that a new/changed rescan will check for both new videos, new pictures and new music.

If you have the time I'd really like to encourage you to try LMS before the release so you can give Logitech feedback on things like this which are going to make it frustrating to use this as media server. After all, you are one of the beta tester who actually seems to like this strategy to add video and picture support so you are probably the one of use who have thought a bit how you would like a server supporting both videos, pictures and music to work.
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

very stupid question, but I've installed 7.7 RC1 on my office machine, and for music, all is good. I've also scanned some pictures....and it seemed to scan them. But where do I actually DO SOMETHING with the pictures. I thought the picture viewer in EXTRAS would do something with these, but I get nothing there. Again, very stupid question I know, but just curious....
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

If SBS 7.7 provides a DLNA server, then you can access the files it serves with a DLNA client, like PlugPlayer, on your iPad.

With PlugPlayer, you should also see the DLNA server on your VortexBox -- it shows up as "VortexBox media server" -- if your iPad is on the same network as the VB.

Extras menu with pictures should be working in the latest nighlies, at least it does for me
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

The latest LMS nightlies are going into 'new install' mode every day. For some reason the initial screen (mysqueezebox.com user name and password required!) is called and a full setup is needed - full rescan invoked and all preference lost. No log errors produced!

It's mostly just irritating but there is obviously a problem!

Which files do I need to backup so that I can just recover it each day rather than go through the complete re-setup process?

Thanks

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Cubox-i4 Pro SoA as main server and player running LMS 7.9
    Lavry DA-10 DAC
    HP PC as secondary server running LMS 7.9
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    The latest LMS nightlies are going into 'new install' mode every day. For some reason the initial screen (mysqueezebox.com user name and password required!) is called and a full setup is needed - full rescan invoked and all preference lost. No log errors produced!

It's mostly just irritating but there is obviously a problem!
    I've seen this too and I'm using the svn version but the last time I saw it I suspected it was caused by mysqueezebox.com being unavailable at the time.