Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuben72
    • Feb 2008

Okay I am not sure how I did this but:

I added a second share for photos to the server. Started a rescan for new files. Stopped it and added a third share for videos. Started the scan again. And BOOM: Now the name for the server is gone. The shares are gone and I can't add them again!!
    Every time I add them again and starts a total rescan it starts the scan stops after a few seconds and the shares are deleted and the database contains 0 music, 0 videos and 0 photos.
    Last edited by Kuben72; 2011-09-13, 21:03.
    /Kuben72

2 Duet, 1 SB3, 1 Boom and 2 Radios

Comment

• Michael Herger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

LMS 7.7 rc1

> just tried the latest nightly on my WHS (r33429) and got the error
      > "This application failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found.
      > Re-installing the application may fix the problem.". After a bit of
      > googling I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Re-distributable
      > Package and that fixed it.

Hmm... that should be part of the installation. You didn't get the MS VC redistributable installation window then?

--

Michael
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Michael Herger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

LMS 7.7 rc1

> Any one have scanning times for their photos? I am currently scanning
        > mine and it seems to be taking an age. According to image viewer I have
        > 11980 photos scanned so far and it's been running 2:15 already.

You'll understand that processing two-digit megapixel photos will take a moment. The scanner does resize them to frequently used sizes - which can be slow under certain conditions (image file type, hardware etc.).

> Scanning new media files: \\TheMACServer\Photos (0) Running
        > 02:17:54
        >
        > It would be nice to get a progress on the file count there (rather than
        > having to look in image viewer). I guess this is a bug

The 0 total should be fixed in the latest nightly.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• MrSinatra

Originally posted by erland
          Any idea why it doesn't scan any of my MythTV video files ?
          I get messages like these for each file in the log:
          stat error on file /mnt/video_smb/The Big Bang Theory - 2011-09-11, 10-25 PM - Del 17 säsong 4.mpg, errno=75

The files are on a SMB read-only mounted network drive.
          I assume LMS doesn't need write access to the video files ?
          that gives me an idea... Tivo will allow you to save your tivo recorded stuff to the readynas. if LMS could play those files, i could just install revues on my various TVs, which would save me a lot of money as i wouldn't need to install costly tivos on EVERY tv.

will LMS play tivo files on a readynas?

Comment

• bpa
            • Oct 2005

On RC1 there was a Image Viewer menu under Extras on Touch (Squeezeplay) - this menu has disappeared in 33449.

Is this a bug or deliberate ?

Comment

• Michael Herger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

LMS 7.7 rc1

> On RC1 there was a Image Viewer menu under Extras on Touch (Squeezeplay)
              > - this menu has disappeared in 33449.
              >
              > Is this a bug or deliberate ?

That would be a bug. Anything in server.log telling that the plugin failed
              to load?

--

Michael
              Michael

Comment

• bpa
                • Oct 2005

No - it looks like andy's latest change "return if !$enabled" may have been partly responsible

I tried debugging it and it looked like the "enabled" variable is 0 and the condition routine is not called to set its value.

Comment

• Michael Herger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

LMS 7.7 rc1

> No - it looks like andy's latest change "return if !$enabled" may have
                  > been partly responsible

Yeah, that change seems wrong. And it doesn't make sense re. the in-line
                  comment. I'll ask Andy what that was supposed to do.

--

Michael
                  Michael

Comment

• Michael Herger
                    Babelfish's Best Boy
                    • Apr 2005

LMS 7.7 rc1

>> No - it looks like andy's latest change "return if !$enabled" may have
                    >> been partly responsible

Yes, it must run the checks first, as $enabled wasn't even defined at this
                    point yet. Fixed in r33444 - thanks!

--

Michael
                    Michael

Comment

• bpa
                      • Oct 2005

Now for the real Image Viewer bug on Touch not WebUI. Using "Folders" - If a folder has images and subfolders then the wrong image will be displayed. The image displayed seems to be out by the number of folders.

For example - try to display 2nd image in a folder list which also has 3 sub folders and the 5th image in the list is displayed.

Comment

• Michael Herger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

LMS 7.7 rc1

> Now for the real Image Viewer bug on Touch not WebUI. Using "Folders" -
                        > If a folder has images and subfolders then the wrong image will be
                        > displayed. The image displayed seems to be out by the number of
                        > folders.

Thanks, should be fixed in r33448.

--

Michael
                        Michael

Comment

• Chunkywizard
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mherger
                          > just tried the latest nightly on my WHS (r33429) and got the error
                          > "This application failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found.
                          > Re-installing the application may fix the problem.". After a bit of
                          > googling I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Re-distributable
                          > Package and that fixed it.

Hmm... that should be part of the installation. You didn't get the MS VC redistributable installation window then?

--

Michael
                          No, nothing likw that.

CW
                          Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
                          Server: 8.1.0 for PCP
                          Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat
                          Remote: iPhone8/iPad Air running iPeng
                          Music: Last.fm

Comment

• Chunkywizard
                            • Feb 2009

> Any one have scanning times for their photos? I am currently scanning
                            > mine and it seems to be taking an age. According to image viewer I have
                            > 11980 photos scanned so far and it's been running 2:15 already.

You'll understand that processing two-digit megapixel photos will take a moment. The scanner does resize them to frequently used sizes - which can be slow under certain conditions (image file type, hardware etc.).

> Scanning new media files: \\TheMACServer\Photos (0) Running
                            > 02:17:54
                            >
                            > It would be nice to get a progress on the file count there (rather than
                            > having to look in image viewer). I guess this is a bug

The 0 total should be fixed in the latest nightly.

--

Michael
                            Hi Michael,

I left it going over night. In the morning I found the scan had unexpectedly quit after 9hours on image 20000 or so of 35000. I have let it going again today to see if I can get it to complete the scan...

CW
                            Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
                            Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat

Comment

• Michael Herger
                              Babelfish's Best Boy
                              • Apr 2005

LMS 7.7 rc1

>> > Scanning new media files: \\TheMACServer\Photos (0) Running

Oh... just noticed the UNC path: using a network drive will cause the
                              scanner to transfer _all_ your images over the network to the server in
                              order to pre-cache the resized previews etc. This alone can take a pretty
                              long time. Imagine 35'000 x 5MB -> 175 GB data to be transfered...

--

Michael
                              Michael

Comment

• Chunkywizard
                                • Feb 2009

>> > Scanning new media files: \\TheMACServer\Photos (0) Running

Oh... just noticed the UNC path: using a network drive will cause the
                                scanner to transfer _all_ your images over the network to the server in
                                order to pre-cache the resized previews etc. This alone can take a pretty
                                long time. Imagine 35'000 x 5MB -> 175 GB data to be transfered...

--

Michael
                                LMS and the Photos sit on the same server, are you saying I should just reference the drive directly? I didn't know it made a difference.

CW

Comment

Working...