Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimInPT
    • Nov 2008

How to simply Play All Songs?

I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself for missing something obvious, but here goes: how do I simply tell Squeezebox Server to play all my songs?

Yep, I've searched threads, but can't seem to find the answer.

I know how to play all songs in a give Artist, Genre etc. by simply pressing play at the main entry. For instance, if I press Play instead of the select arrow when displaying the Blues genre, SC will play all songs tagged in that category. If shuffle is enabled, they all shuffle. Perfect. Same for Artist.

But if I press Play when at the Songs menu, SC just advances to the next submenu rather than starting to play all songs. Sometimes I just want to roll the dice and shuffle my entire library (about 13.5k song titles).

What am I missing here folks?

Setup: SC 7.6.1 r33110 on WinXP with a Squeezebox Classic, two SB Booms and a SB Radio.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
  • sebp
    • May 2007

Originally posted by JimInPT
    Sometimes I just want to roll the dice and shuffle my entire library (about 13.5k song titles).
    Why don't you just use the Random Mix > Song Mix menu, then?
    Last.fm

Comment

• MeSue
      • Jul 2005

I think* if you have the random mix plugin enabled, it should do what you want. It's one of the default Logitech plugins so it should be enabled unless you took it out.

*I don't use this plugin myself, since I use either Sugarcube or Erland's Dynamic Playlists plugin to do mixes. If you need more info I'm sure more folks will chime in.
      Sue
      "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
      Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
      Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
      My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

• JimInPT
        • Nov 2008

Thanks a lot for the replies, everybody - looks like the Random Mix plugin was exactly what I was looking for. Even better, with the Album/Artist mix options.

For some reason, this plugin wasn't enabled in my server settings and I don't mess with plugins much - my needs are limited to playing my ripped CDs and Internet Radio. So I never realized it was a plugin function and not built in as a standard function.

I appreciate the help very much!

Comment

• pcourtney
          • Aug 2011

Sugarcube provide a nice tally of features compared to the Squeezebox MusicIP Plugin

Duet x 5

Comment

Working...