Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goodsounds
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by castalla
    Why bother? Switch to a non-greedy broadcaster! In a globalised world, this licencing excuse is pathetic.
    Businesses have lots of rules and laws they need to comply with. For broadcasters, licensing rules are foremost among the many. Ignoring them would be asinine and ultimately unnecessarily expensive.

If you find a company that you think is more focused or successful in conducting its business than its peers, there's a solution: be a capitalist and buy that stock!

Comment

• vrette
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Goodsounds
      Businesses have lots of rules and laws they need to comply with. For broadcasters, licensing rules are foremost among the many. Ignoring them would be asinine and ultimately unnecessarily expensive.

If you find a company that you think is more focused or successful in conducting its business than its peers, there's a solution: be a capitalist and buy that stock!
      Understood, but I think the point is they are using licensing as an excuse for what is really much more about generating more ad revenue by pushing listeners to CBS Radio Android and iOS apps, along with their web sites that are chock full of advertising.

Comment

• emo
        • May 2011

Originally posted by ejnj
        I initially tried this for WBZ AM:
        http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WBZAM.pls.

Then I tried this...and it works!!!!

Thanks again fellow listeners!
        THANK YOU!!! This worked for me too. This is my favorite station to listen to at night.

Comment

• Goodsounds
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by vrette
          Understood, but I think the point is they are using licensing as an excuse for what is really much more about generating more ad revenue by pushing listeners to CBS Radio Android and iOS apps, along with their web sites that are chock full of advertising.
          Got it, I missed the nuance, it was a BS comment. Easy enough to understand why they push listeners to portals that give them more revenue opportunities. It's a business, not a public service.

Comment

• daniely
            • Aug 2011

660Wfan

I cannot believe CBS could be this stupid. They are pissing off some of their most loyal listeners. Who goes out and buys a $200+ internet radio except the most die hard fans! Idiots. I will definitely be writing to CBS and their sponsors about this and I encourage everyone who reads this to do the same. If we don't tell them we'll make them lose money they'll never listen.

That said, can someone please provide a link that would allow me to listen to 660 WFAN

Comment

• pdodd1963
              • Aug 2011

Wfan

Worked for me!
              Last edited by pdodd1963; 2011-08-16, 04:46. Reason: spell check

Comment

• mshumeyk
                • Aug 2011

Thanks to all who posted regarding the sudden loss of CBS streaming on the Squeezebox. I too just lost 5 of my 6 presets. I grew up with WCBS 880 the great sound quality of the Squeezebox and with the battery option the ability to bring it anywhere around the house. (I live in upstate NY now and the Squeezebox sure beats the weak signal on a high quality AM radio). I definitely will complain to CBS. By the way, Tune In on my iPhone has also lost the CBS stations. I'm not sure how CBS benefits from that.

Mark S

Comment

• edm1820
                  • Mar 2011

I was hit with this with many of my talk radio stations as well. I found a work around that seems to work. Go to a site like reciva and search for the station you want. then click the 'listen icon'. it will download the pls file . copy the url link and add it as a favorite.

Here is the WXRT link.

Code:
                  http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WXRTFM.pls
                  Last edited by edm1820; 2011-08-16, 06:23.

Comment

• FubarRadio
                    • Aug 2011

Other WXRT feeds

WXRT: http://5483.live.streamtheworld.com:80/WXRTFMCMP3
                    WXRT HD2 feed: http://2133.live.streamtheworld.com:...9123P_F128CMP3

I got these from the Vtuner Internet Radio page. I clicked on the feed and opened the .m3u file in Winamp. Then, I right clicked on the stream name for "file info". I have been using this work-around for a while now.

Comment

• chipmalee
                      • Jul 2010

Also CBS owns LastFM and we all know how that went. I always thought Clear Channel was the evil one.

1. TuneIn (aka. RadioTime) was told by Clear Channel to disable their recording app on the iPad so now you can't record any Clear Channel Stations on the iPad. Probably the same thing happened here so there is something flaky about depending another portal instead of having Logitech getting a direct stream. RadioTime is probably collecting data on everyone's listening habits. DAR.fm luckily does not take orders from CBS or Clear Channel.

2. Let's see how long before streamworld cloaks their streams. Here's an email I wrote to Spirit of New York (advertiser) about CBS-FM. Please feel free to use it as a template if you want to notify advertisers in your area:

Dear Ms. ___,
                      Since I've heard the _____ commercials on ____ in _____, I can assume you must be an advertiser. I thought you would like to know that CBS has blocked all it's internet stream on the Logitech Squeezebox. This means all CBS affiliates across the country will no longer stream on the internet. For the millions of people who are listening to the internet with the convenience of an internet radio, you will no longer be able to reach them.

More details here:
                      Trying to restart The Squeezebox Radio Show to share Tips and Tricks. Is there a better way than radio, then I'm all ears.

Comment

• Ikabob
                        • Aug 2009

Thanks for this thread and for posting some URLs. I would have lost some favorites. I have trouble finding the exact URL that will work in the favorites list of msb.com even from radio-locator.com. Not sure where/how to find the URL that will be accepted. So, thanks.
                        Last edited by Ikabob; 2011-08-16, 11:19.
                        Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
                        Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
                        Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
                        Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• ejnj
                          • Dec 2009

CBS Streaming Workarounds

Originally posted by emo
                          THANK YOU!!! This worked for me too. This is my favorite station to listen to at night.
                          Aha, another Dan Rea fan! You're welcome.
                          This site has helped me with several technical problems so I am glad to give back.

It seems that getting the DIALUP into the address does the trick for this AM station.

Did you know this particular CBS affiliate had the highest ad revenue in the Boston, MA market? It was way into the millions. Anyone who listens knows they have an inordinate amount of advertisements. CBS must be promising their advertisers some out of this world results by driving listeners to websites. Although I emailed to complain, the don't think they will change policy unless their bottom line fails to increase as result of this move.

Comment

• Perreault985
                            • Aug 2011

CBS Workaround

Thanks so much for the helpful workaround links! I've listened to WBZ AM in Boston since I was a little kid and Dave Maynard was on...

Comment

• dursman
                              • Feb 2011

For internet radio device listeners, you can access stations directly as follows:

http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c.../KROQFMAAC.pls OR

Please replace the station call sign with the appropriate call sign.
                              After tuning in, you can ‘bookmark’ or set the station as a preset for future reference.
                              Thanks, this worked perfectly. As was mentioned before, the AAC extension works also and has better sound quality than the Dialup version.

WFAN

98.5 Sports Hub (Boston)

WBZ AM (Boston)

WCBS
                              Last edited by dursman; 2011-08-16, 16:59.

Comment

• bwaldron
                                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Perreault985
                                Thanks so much for the helpful workaround links! I've listened to WBZ AM in Boston since I was a little kid and Dave Maynard was on...
                                And Larry Glick overnight.

Comment

Working...