Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Question Station blocked by broadcaster

As of this morning, when I try to tune in WXRT in Chicago on my SB Radio, I get an audible message stating "This station is currently unavailable" and text on the display that says "Station blocked by broadcaster." At the same time, I can listen to WXRT through their website, and access it as well through Tunein.com. I'm not experiencing this problem with any other Chicago local radio stations. The URL for the stream doesn't appear to work in SB Server or mySB either. I've never seen this before. Any ideas as to what is going on?
    (2) SB Touch, (3) SB Radio, Cambridge Audio 840AV2, 340T, DacMagic, B&W 683, HSU VFT2-MK3, Logitech Harmony One, 7.9 on Intel DZ75ML-45K w/i5-3470, Win 8.1 64 bit , and a bunch of other stuff...

I'm getting the same thing from 105.3 The Fan and 1080 KRLD (sister stations) in Dallas. It was working earlier and just cut out, but same message.
    Last edited by toyranch; 2011-08-15 at 08:03.

Exclamation Blocked Station

I just had the same problem this morning with WBZ 1030AM in Boston. I noticed that this station is no longer available as a radio station selection in the menu, it's gone! But, I am able to listen to the audio stream on my PC from the CBS website. They are using radio.com as the host site. If I enter the "radio.com" url into my squeezebox favorites menu, an error message says the format can not be read. I wonder if it might be something to do with CBS stations that are blocking their content to Logitech?

Exclamation Station blocked by broadcaster

I've incurred the same issue in Chicago with WSCR 670 and WBBM 780. They are both CBS stations so I suspect it is related to CBS. Anyone aware of a way around this or does Logitech have an answer?

I guess I'll be listening to something else now. The reason I bought a Squeezebox is because my computer has other audio coming out at times, and I want to be able to listen to audio files stored on my computer or listen to the radio without having a conflict. The Squeezebox solved all that as well as bad reception from regular broadcast. CBS just lost my "business" by making themselves unavailable.

Exclamation Station blocked by broadcaster

I agree, the same with me, I'll just have to listen to a different station. I have 3 of these devices and live in a high rise so I needed a device that didn't get AM interference.

I have the same problem. Says its being blocked by tunein. Yet if i go straight to tunein it plays.
    There has to be a reason and a way to correct this. Can't just let it go.

EDIT: Just found out that CBS owns the stations I was trying to get and they wanted it removed from tunein.com.

This really sucks.
    Last edited by mzup; 2011-08-15 at 09:44.

Yeah, it is probably greedy CBS trying to drive listeners to the web site, or having some sort of money issue with TuneIn. I hit WXRT up on Facebook and Twitter. Of course there has been no answer. The wife is NOT going to like this... I hope Logitech will chime in. I think I'll post the same problem on the official Logitech forum.
    (2) SB Touch, (3) SB Radio, Cambridge Audio 840AV2, 340T, DacMagic, B&W 683, HSU VFT2-MK3, Logitech Harmony One, 7.9 on Intel DZ75ML-45K w/i5-3470, Win 8.1 64 bit , and a bunch of other stuff...

Indeed this is a CBS issue. They are restricting all streaming feeds to TuneIn. They want you to use radio.com or yahoo apps that are found on Android and iOS mobile devices. This leaves SB users out in the cold. This really really bad. Five of my presets this morning are gone. Only thing left to do is complain to CBS, but since they are trying to direct all users to their proprietary apps to get more advertising dollars this is not likely to change much.

I tried using the radio.com app this morning and it just crashes. Really great CBS.

Same here with the wife issue. I just bought the radio so my wife can listen to the am station in the morning since we are in the country and it doesn't come in well. Now she is back to the standard radio. Please logitech, give us some other option to access these stations!!!