Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Support for Logitech Revue (GoogleTV)?

Hi,

Is Squeezebox functionality ever going to be supported on Logitech's GoogleTV box?

Thanks,
    Pankaj

Depends what you mean, if you mean accessing the music library in SBS and play music from it on the Revue, I think the plan is to support that in Squeezebox Server 7.7.

However, there aren't any indications that it will ever support Squeezebox specific features like synchronized playback between two players.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Watcher of the Windows build
    Quote Originally Posted by pankajbshah View Post
    Hi,

Is Squeezebox functionality ever going to be supported on Logitech's GoogleTV box?

Thanks,
    Pankaj
    Squeezebox Server 7.7 renamed Logitech Media Server (LMS) 7.7 is in its very early beta stages and it appears that it'll support GoogleTV (Logitech Media Player) playback via an official UPnP DLNA plugin. Eventually you should be able to "browse" other media types in your media library via the Web UI of LMS, but as Erland mentioned, "playback" appears to be limited by the specific features supported via the plugin. You can get "some" details about LMS in this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86628
    Last edited by tamanaco; 2011-08-11 at 04:07.

Thanks, erland and tamanaco

I appreciate your answers. I am primarily looking to have the Revue be a client that can access and play the music from a SBS, and it looks likt LMS 7.7 might do the trick once it is available/deployed on GTV.

Pankaj