Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Angry Forced to update?

Hi All,

I've been avoiding updating to 7.6 until many of the complaints settle down.
    However, I get home from work today and my touch is displaying a screen about updating itself to 7.6, and I cannot see any option to cancel.

I don't want to update now, and I resent being forced. Why is it doing this to me?

My sbs is still version 7.5.5 and my squeezebox radio is unaffected.

I don't like this squeezebox system if logitech can force my players into updating when they want, not when I want. It's wholly unacceptable.

Does anyone know why this is happening or know a way to cancel out of the forced updated?

thasnks

slip

Sweep the screen (backward/right?) with a finger. Pressing "back" on the remote might also help, but I'm not sure about the last one.

It is probably connected to mysqueezbox.com, maybe because your computer has been powered off or it lost the contact with it.

Hold left arrow on IR remote a few seconds to cancel the firmware upgrade and then goto My Music/Artists so it connects to your local server.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

When you have reconected to your local server use the web-UI press the settings link in bottom rigth corner, go to the advanced tab choose "software updates" on the tab, now set sbs to not check for updates
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

thanks for the tips guys, i'm all sorted now.