Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

7.6.0 not working for me either

It was fine all week, then today I download some new music and did a rescan, and it all went to hell. So it looks like the nightly release fixes this? How do I find and install the nightly release? Please help the barbecue starts in 2 hours...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zten View Post
    It was fine all week, then today I download some new music and did a rescan, and it all went to hell. So it looks like the nightly release fixes this? How do I find and install the nightly release? Please help the barbecue starts in 2 hours...
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.6
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Thanks. I guess I don't need to do this. when I select "clear libnrary and rescan everything" it comes up with only like 700 songs. But then I tried "Only rescan new or changed music" it then found the other 6000 songs. Does this make any sense? Just in time for the barbie!

I also found that in 7.6.0 if I do a clear and scan I also have to do a new and changed to get all my music. The explanation for this behavior came from M Herger and it is something to do with playlists. All the music in my playlists survive the clear and scan and the rest is trashed, then a new and changed will pick up the rest.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and Squeezeslave

Quote Originally Posted by Zten View Post
    Thanks. I guess I don't need to do this. when I select "clear libnrary and rescan everything" it comes up with only like 700 songs. But then I tried "Only rescan new or changed music" it then found the other 6000 songs. Does this make any sense? Just in time for the barbie!
    Try the latest 7.6.1 nightly, there are some bugs related to missing music that has been corrected in it. Not sure if it solves your problem but if it isn't it would be good if you try it so we can find out what's causing it in your setup.
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I also found that in 7.6.0 if I do a clear and scan I also have to do a new and changed to get all my music. The explanation for this behavior came from M Herger and it is something to do with playlists. All the music in my playlists survive the clear and scan and the rest is trashed, then a new and changed will pick up the rest.
    Yes and I think that's a bug that has been fixed in 7.6.1, so if people are seeing the same thing also in 7.6.1 it's important that we get more information so we can find the cause.