Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: What would make you buy another Squeezebox ?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Simplified usage after initial installation/configuration

9 11.11%
  • Improved support for existing online services

6 7.41%
  • Support for more online services

2 2.47%
  • Improved stability and/or less bugs in Squeezebox Server/Player firmware

42 51.85%
  • Improved stability and/or less bugs in mysqueezebox.com

7 8.64%
  • Improved browsing of local library

22 27.16%
  • New Squeezebox hardware with built-in speakers and stereo support

40 49.38%
  • New Squeezebox hardware which have reliable support for local music without computer

28 34.57%
  • New Squeezebox hardware with support for video

5 6.17%
  • New entry level Squeezebox hardware with a lower price

13 16.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grestorn View Post
    Or what exactly do you mean by "has a future"? Are you afraid that they'll turn of the mysqueezebox.com site? That is be a risk, agreed, that's why I don't want to depend on a third party server system.
    What I mean is that I am hessitant to invest further in whole house audio when I have a nagging felling that the product-line will stop being sold at some point in the "near" future and thus force me to change to Sonos or whatever for further expansion. I don't really care for mysb.com. I try to avoid it, though I suspect radio-channel-lists are maintained via mysb.com.

Actually there is nothing keeping me from buying more squeezeboxes except that we don't really need more (or at least need other stuff more than stocking up the last couple of rooms.)
    BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze and SqueezePlayer on Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

I have two Squeezebox Radios and an SB3, running off a QNAP NAS box running the server 24/7. All perform flawlessly (issues I've had mostly relate to the BBC's radio streams and appear to be nothing to do with the server software or hardware). Frankly, the only thing that would really make me buy another SB would be if one of those three devices conked out.

For a replacement for the SB3, I would not be looking for a touch screen or a fancy display, as I don't want or need that for the HiFi. I use SqueezePad on the iPad to control the music.

Robert

I recently bought some receivers to replace SB2's and have better synch with Touch and SB3's, so if Logitech brought out a completely new generation I might be persuaded but to be honest I'm out of rooms now and the later stuff just doesn't match the reliability of the earlier SB3's. It seems to me that what the audio market wants is SB3's or receiver/ipeng combination. I wasted another hour last night trying to get a Duet controller to connect to the server (others were fine).

On that point (and you don't list this option)I am fairly sure that if they brought out a model with an integrated CD player for backup when the rest doesn't work, my wife would be first in line..