Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: playlist access

playlist access

With MacPro, OS 10.7. SS ver 7.6. iTunes 10.4
    I have two SBs, one SB3 connected by wireless. One SB2 connected by ethernet.
    SB3 can access playlists. SB2 cannot
    Have upgraded firmware.
    Any ideas most welcome

more info

I forgot to add that the entire music library has been rescanned. And "playlists" does show in the menu selection panel in the SB preferences. It just will not show on the SB menu panel itself. Random Mix does, and works. Most odd.

Same here. Just updated firmware and rescan has gone really slow plus all my playlists have gone! Doh!

Playlists gone

I am glad I am not alone. I have tried everything. Selected various locations for the playlists..the same folder as the music location is supposed to be the right one. Have rescanned. Have upgraded software. Have switched to a different Mac with same prefs. No go.

But playlists does not show in the menu items list for the SB2 player.

Is it iTunes playlists that doesn't show up ?
    There is a bug about that:
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17394
    Vote on it if you like to get a notification when someone solves it.

If the problem is related to other type of playlists, have you tried latest nightly 7.6.1 beta where a lot of problems have been corrected ?
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.6

If 7.6.1 doesn't solve it, have you looked in the scanner.log file to see if there are any errors ? (You will find its location in SBS Settings/Advanced/Logging)
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Hi Erland

I have reinstalled 7.6.1 as advised however still no playlists?

When I check scanner log file I see a long list all with error showing against each item. Note that all my music is available as well as artwork so I am a bit confused.

I have the same or at least a similar problem. My playlists will not play on my Classic nor Booms via the remote control (an error message scrolls across the screen reads "Cannot request non-HTTP URL file . . ."). Yet, I can access and play my playlists via the web interface. Any ideas or thoughts?

This is definitely not itunes related.

If you post the complete error message in scanner.log it's a bit easier to help.
    Also combine this with how the corresponding line in the playlist file looks like if you open it with a text editor.
    And check if the path in the playlist file matches where the physical file is stored.
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

Hi erland

Not sure how I do these things ie 'post the complete error message in scanner.log' and 'combine this with how the corresponding line in the playlist file looks like if you open it with a text editor'. I can confirm that the path in the playlist file matches where the physical file is stored. Also this is not itunes related as all my music is in FLAC format having ripped all my music using dbpoweramp.

Quote Originally Posted by paul44birch View Post
    Hi erland

Not sure how I do these things ie 'post the complete error message in scanner.log' and 'combine this with how the corresponding line in the playlist file looks like if you open it with a text editor'. I can confirm that the path in the playlist file matches where the physical file is stored. Also this is not itunes related as all my music is in FLAC format having ripped all my music using dbpoweramp.
    Can't you just copy and paste some of the error messages from the scanner.log file as a post in the forum ?
    Or attach the complete scanner.log with the forum post with the "Manage Attachments" button ?