Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: What music services do you subscribe to?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • LastFM

17 22.08%
  • Spotify

29 37.66%
  • Pandora

23 29.87%
  • Slacker

9 11.69%
  • WiMP

5 6.49%
  • Napster

13 16.88%
  • Rhapsody

15 19.48%
  • Grooveshark

3 3.90%
  • Rdio

3 3.90%
  • Other (add a reply)

12 15.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sirius and Sky.fm
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV Signature amp > Revel Performa R208 speakers.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 1413432238 on a 1TB Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
    Er... just don't answer the poll if you don't subscribe to any.
    If you want a correct result that shows which services are being used and how often and how important these services for the Squeezebox are, then you really want a 'None' option.

It's like asking 'Do you want to pay more taxes?' and only providing options for 'Yes, a few percent' and 'Yes, please empty my pockets'...
    Probably you would get a 100% result for the first answer, but the real answer would be: 'No, get your hands out of my pockets'...
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by servies View Post
    If you want a correct result that shows which services are being used and how often and how important these services for the Squeezebox are, then you really want a 'None' option.
    The intent of my poll is to learn from people who subscribe to a music service, which service they have chosen to subscribe to. If that is "incorrect" to you, make your own poll! :-)
    Last edited by MeSue; 2011-08-01 at 10:35.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkywizard View Post
    Erm, None. I don't have enough time to listen to the music I own!

CW
    Neither do I, but I am having fun discovering new stuff. And I suspect I will be adding a lot less "junk" to the music I own, now that I have a way to sample full albums before buying them.
    Sue

I'm in the same situation Sue. Fortunately there is always new music to be discovered. Part of my rationalization for paying for a subscription service is that it cost less that 1 CD per month and I'll buy less CDs. I think I may end up buying more :-). Though as you point out, it should be less "junk". I'm currently taking advantage of being able to load music onto my iPod touch to play in the car and stuff. So far I'm really liking this model.

I find it interesting that Spotify is leading the pack in your poll. I wonder if that is because of the newness of it here in the US.

I'm also subscribing to Napter currently, who is currently second in your poll. My wife and kids find the UI of Napster to be much easier to use. Maybe that will change in the future.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

My assessment of Spotify after my first 2 weeks: It's like being let loose in a theme park, with a blindfold on.

Takes a lot of effort to get going with it. But somehow the depth and breadth, and how quickly they add new releases, outweighs those difficulties.

I have been meaning to start a reviews thread for each of the services so people can compare them more easily here, in relation to how they work with the Squeezebox eco-system.
    Sue

formerly known as Fletch
    My other listening (non-SB) is mostly Android. I like Spotify because for the same $10 you also get streaming and downloading to multiple Android devices.

I'm very happy with Pandora and find it to be a good inverstement.

I'm not a DJ and a bit on the lazy side, just give an artist or a song and will plays hours of music I enjoy.

I used to have a Last.fm subscription also, but found it to be less suited than pandora.

One of my best example on how Pandora is different, when you chose Nothing Else Matters from Metallica and you get songs that are similar, not just based on the artist and genre of the band.

Alex

Napster and also trying out Spotify since it arrived in the US.

In late 2009 (or 2008?) I tried the 30-day trials of both Rhapsody and Napster, and then let them both expire because they were both too unreliable. When Napster dropped its price to $5/mo (including 5 MP3 downloads) I signed up again. I like it for discovering new music and try-before-I-buy-the-CD, though the Napster library still has some large gaps, and the service still has some glitches like stopping playback halfway through an album.

I like the sound quality of Spotify, and the library is pretty good. I don't like the lack of album-based browsing or the lack of a "my Spotify library" equivalent (stars aren't the same thing), but I'll probably give it another month before deciding whether I'll switch from Napster to Spotify. I won't be keeping both.

I wish I had put MOG in this poll instead of Rdio but at the time I didn't know about it. Been hearing lots of good things... vote here if you'd like to see MOG supported on Squeezebox: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16626

According to this, looks like it might not be too far off: http://feedback.mog.com/forums/77043...ebox?ref=title
    Sue