Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MonkeySqueeze

MonkeySqueeze V3.0.1

Just letting everyone know about a simple freeware program that you can use interface MediaMonkey with Squeezebox Server.

MonkeySqueeze enables MediaMonkey to play music on Squeezebox Server. The download from the MediaMonkey Addons site includes a user guide to help with the installation and operation of the addon.

Link: http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/br...monkeysqueeze/

Gingernut63
    Last edited by Gingernut63; 2012-04-25 at 20:53.

Quite a few people have downloaded MonkeySqueeze in the short time it has been available. Would love to hear their feedback on the program.

Please visit http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...hp?f=2&t=59515 anytime or leave a reply here.

Gingernut63

It is a fine initiative.
    I use Mediamonkey for my tagging etc. But I actually don't listen to music with it.
    BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze and SqueezePlayer on Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

MonkeySqueeze

@Muele

I was the same when I first got MediaMonkey way back in 2008/9.

Then, whenever I was at the PC tagging files I would end up playing some tracks using MediaMonkey, while I worked on tagging. The problem was that PC speakers are mediocre and the hassle of plugging the laptop into the Hi-Fi was offputting, to say the least.

I found a few scripts on the MediaMonkey Forum and cobbled them together into something that worked for me. It changed the whole experience by routing what ever I was playing on MediaMonkey to my Squeezebox Server and in turn my various players around the house. This was all way back in 2009 and I was using it so often I almost forgot the script exists.

Anyway - July 2011 and Ginegernut63, with some small contribution from myself, enhanced the script and got it released as a MediaMonkey addon called MonkeySqueeze for all Squeezebox / MediaMonkey users to access without the hassle of trying to cobble together bits of code from the various MediaMonkey Forum posts.

MonkeySqueeze doesn't replace Squeezebox Server but it just means that the program (MediaMonkey) used on the PC for all that tagging, clever playlist creation and the day-job type stuff can finally "talk-to" the SBS and sound good. The bonus, of course is connecting the laptop to the Hi-Fi doesn't need to even be considered an option.

I would say it's a perfect partnership and one I had taken for granted for 2 years or so.

If you haven't tried MonkeySqueeze with MediaMonkey and Squeezebox Server give it a whirl and see how it goes. I couldn't imagine MediaMonkey without it and it gives Squeezebox Server an extra dimension regarding real-time playlist.

cheers

mccstumbe (stumble)
    Music Management: Mediamonkey Ver 4.0.01426 Gold Lifetime
    Music Server: LMS: 7.7.0-33442
    AddOns: MonkeySqueeze Ver 1.0.110721 http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...hp?f=2&t=59515
    Other Controllers: O2 Joggler (on native OS) running Squeezeplay, Ipeng, Mellorware MonkeyTunes and Plugplayer all on iPhone
    Players: Squeezebox Duet and 2 x SB Receivers, iPod Touch on JBL OnStage, O2 Joggler with Squeezeplay
    On Demand Music: LastFM, Spotify

Thumbs up

Ok, I'll give it a go when I get some time
    BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze and SqueezePlayer on Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingernut63 View Post
    Quite a few people have downloaded MonkeySqueeze in the short time it has been available. Would love to hear their feedback on the program.
    I downloaded MonkeySqueeze but it wasn't until I installed it and read the help file that I realized it wasn't suited to my present configuration and utilization.

I'm running SqueezeBox Server from a Synology NAS and using iPeng. I'm happy with my present arrangement but I'm tempted to install SBS on my Windows 7 box to test MonkeySqueeze. I'll reply back in this thread with my thoughts if I take the plunge.

@Echo

No need to change your present config. You can install Squeezebox Server on the PC and run it at the same time as the version on your NAS. When you wish to listen to music using MediaMonkey, run MM and the PC version of Squeezebox Server and direct any Squeezebox devices to connect to the PC server. Just make sure that the music library names in each server are different. Also as indicated in the user guide the PC version of Squeezebox server does not have to be linked to a library folder just an empty folder. No need to wait for the library to load into the server.

Remember the original configuration remains the same and not changed in any way.

Hope you find this information helpful.

MonkeySqueeze - Squeezing more music into your life!
    MonkeySqueeze - Squeezing music into your life!
    http://twitter.com/#!/MonkeySqueeze1
    MonkeySqueeze Support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...hp?f=2&t=59515
    MonkeySqueeze Development: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...p?f=19&t=59907
    1 x Boom - 2 x Duets - 2 x piCorePlayer/Raspberry Pi - iPeng on 2 x iPod Touch -
    Orange Squeeze/Squeeze Player on Android Phone - SqueezePlay/MediaMonkey on ThinkPad Tablet 2
    HP N40L MicroServer running WHS 2011 and LMS

@Muele
    Cool - you might like it more than expected and, as Gingernut63 demonstrates in his last post, it gives SBS that extra little bit of flexibility.

Good luck

cheers

mccstumble (stumble)
    AddOns: MonkeySqueeze Ver 1.0.110721 http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...hp?f=2&t=59515
    Other Controllers: O2 Joggler (on native OS) running Squeezeplay, Ipeng, Mellorware MonkeyTunes and Plugplayer all on iPhone
    Players: Squeezebox Duet and 2 x SB Receivers, iPod Touch on JBL OnStage, O2 Joggler with Squeezeplay

@Muele

did you get a chance to try MonkeySqueeze?

cheers

stumble (mccstumble)

Quote Originally Posted by stumble View Post
    @Muele

did you get a chance to try MonkeySqueeze?

cheers

stumble (mccstumble)
    Now I finally took the time to try it out.
    It took some effort, but in the end I got it working. It seems I had to sync the hardwareplayer to Spueezeplay before it worked. after I got it working, I could disable the sync again.

It's really cool and I will use it. At least when adding batches of music.

One suggestion: In the MonkeySqueeze tab of tools-options you could add a test server-button.

The instructions works, but if it is possible to make an automatic installer it would make a big difference. At least bundling w3Sockets and the script. If licenses allow it ofcourse.

Great work.
    BR Mogens