Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Possible to convert your favourites list to a playlist?

Possible to convert favourites.opml to a playlist?

I know favourites is just meant for those "favoured few" songs..but over time my Favourites list has built up a fair bit!

Is it possible in any way to convery it to a playlist that my SB Touch can play - as a playlist and not just individual tracks?

thanks.

favorites.opml is just a text file. Likewise, SBS playlists are simple text files. They are just in very different formats. So you could open up a copy of your favorites.opml in a text editor and do a series of intelligent search-and-replace operations and end up with a valid playlist file, which you could then save with an m3u extension. Then copy it over to your SBS playlists folder, do a playlist rescan, and you're in business.

excellent...cheers.

But no plug-ins or utilities to do it automatically?
    (Just to save a bit of time if possible)

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    But no plug-ins or utilities to do it automatically?
    None that I am aware of, but it seems like it would be pretty easy for someone with knowledge of a scripting language such as perl. According to this thread, it looks like a function to do the reverse conversion (m3u to opml) existed in SBS, or whatever it was called three years ago. It may still exist, I don't know.

thanks very much, appreciated.

I second this. Any news in the meantime?

If you've only got a few favourites, you could add them all one-by-one to the currently playing list of tracks, then save the resulting list as a playlist. If you've got iPeng, there's a convenient option to 'Play all' when you're viewing your favourites. This would get them all into the currently playing list in one go, and then saving them as a playlist is only a couple more clicks.

Saving favourites as playlists is in Winamp

Hi,

I had this issue & since Winamp is one of the players I use from time to time, I searched on the Winamp site for a plugin - they have something that allows you to create a playlist, as normal, and then export that as a saved m3u file to any "external" player. The plugin creates a "file" item - "save playlist complete" which transferres the list, or exports to anything. I actually use it, in conjunction with MusicIP which creates the playlists - I then see that in Winamp & use the "save playlist complete" to transfer that to a Rockboxed iPod, and save it to my Playlists folder so that the Squeezeserver can see it.

Sounds much more complicated than it really is - in all, creation of a new playlist & saving/transferring takes no more tha a couple of minutes!

Hope that helps!

Andrew