Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waldy
    • Feb 2006

embedded squeezebox discussion

I'm interested in your informed view of squeezebox server on embedded arm processor hardware. The software can be anything I guess, embeded linux's but preferably windows 7 embedded light ..

* What kind of RAM HD required for minimum footprint?
    * Is it likely to work?
    * Did the Touch firmware small sbs
    * Is squeezeplay a better option and what's need to run this on an arm environment?
    Last edited by waldy; 2011-06-27, 11:29.
  • waldy
    • Feb 2006

bump... no interest here? do I need to clarify? any comment from the nas'ters

Comment

• bpa
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by waldy
      bump... no interest here? do I need to clarify? any comment from the nas'ters
      You need to clarify - Squeezeplay is a player, SBS is a server - they are not alternatives but two parts to the solution.

Touch, radio and Duet controller are all arm based and all run Squeezeplay and can play audio provided by SBS server.

Touch can also run a "tiny" version of SBS so it can offer a standalone solution which has both a server and a player.

CPU and RAM requirements will depend on what you want to do ?
      Web interface ?
      Transcoding ?
      plugins support ?

See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...are_comparison for a hardware specification (i.e. CPU , RAM).

Duet controller is probably just barely enough as a player with display.
      Touch is a bit underpowered (both CPU and RAM) as a combined player and server.

You can run SBS server OK on a plug computer ( http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=5 ) - check the forum for a disto for them. I believe some users may have added a USB analog i/f to a plug computer so that audio can be played using something like squeezeslave.

Comment

• ltb76
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by waldy
        I'm interested in your informed view of squeezebox server on embedded arm processor hardware. The software can be anything I guess, embeded linux's but preferably windows 7 embedded light ..

* What kind of RAM HD required for minimum footprint?
        * Is it likely to work?
        * Did the Touch firmware small sbs
        * Is squeezeplay a better option and what's need to run this on an arm environment?
        Windows 7 does not support the ARM processor, so you will have to go with Linux.
        You could look into the SqueezePlug project.

Comment

Working...