Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Mixcloud plugin?

Would it in any way be possible to create a plugin to play Mixcloud streams? I'd LOVE to see that! Probably I'm not the first one to ask this question so I guess it's hard or maybe even impossible?

2 * Classic, 2 * Boom, piCorePlayer on Raspberry PI II B with HifiBerry attached to Objective 2 ( Head 'n' HiFi KIT) with Beyerdynamic DT880, LMS 7.9 on Odroid U3 with Max2Play, 500GB USB HD, controlled by Squeezepad or iPeng on iPad and Orange Squeezepad on Nexus 5x, CD -> FLAC = dbpoweramp, Router AVM Fritz 7490

last.fm/user/jo-wie

Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to do something with this together with one of the already supported streaming services which allow you to play specific songs, for example Spotify.

Basically a plugin that used the Mixcloud API to get the playlist and lookup each song in the streaming service(for example Spotify) and then play it on the Squeezebox automatically through the streaming plugin.

Which streaming plugins are available for Squeezebox which support to search and play individual songs ?

I'm pretty sure it can be done through Spotify plugin but I assume other users who don't have access to Spotify would like something else, in that case what ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Hi Erland

If I understand you right you're thinking of reading the Mixcloud playlist and then fetch the separate tracks from Spotify?
    This wouldn't be the same, since Mixcloud hosts 'mixtapes' in classic sense, which is not the same as head-tail compilation of divided tracks.
    Most of these DJ-mixes are collages,more than compilations, so dividing them to tracklists would not really work.

Besides, we already have spotify for that ;-)

(As a Mixcloud contributor 'ambientblog', I host ambient collages which sometime feature sounds of 4 tracks simultaneously).

I can somehow understand why Mixcloud is 'closed'. They claim to pay royalties to the artists, though I don't understand exactly how they do that. Would e nice if they 'opened' up their API for paying customers, like Spotify does. I'd be more than willing to contribute.

I found this page with information on how to extract the download link from the URL.
    Is it possible to use this information to create a playback plugin for the SB for Mixcloud mixes?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPvC View Post
    I found this page with information on how to extract the download link from the URL.
    Is it possible to use this information to create a playback plugin for the SB for Mixcloud mixes?
    Maybe, but it probably requires some development, could you post or send me the link to the page in question ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Maybe, but it probably requires some development, could you post or send me the link to the page in question ?
    Sorry Erland, that was a bit stupid of me. I intended to include the link but obviously hit 'submit' too fast...
    Here is the info I meant to include:

http://technolux.blogspot.com/2011/0...3-m4a-aac.html

True
    I got myself a Raspberry Pi XBMC media server this week, which offers a fine working Mixcloud plugin. So it's not due to that it's not possible. I'm afraid the SB is not that interesting to create plugins anymore now that it's slowly left to die by Logitech :-(

Bump
    LMS 7.9.0 -> QNAP TVS-871 Raid 5, Slimdevices Silver Transporter, 1 * SB Touch, 2 * SB Duets, 2 * SB Boom, 1 * SB Radio, 1 * Wandboard Quad, (1 dead SB Classic), 2* Pi 3 + HiFiBerry-Amp+ Official Touchscreen + PiCorePlayer