Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by congole View Post
    It actually may be related to artwork, but not just the size of image files. I am experiencing this quite often (unfortunatley) as I am using a much large HDD with a large number of files. My artwork files are all under 50k (there may be some zip files on the drive besides the flac or mp3, but they are not being catalogued in the tinysc db) - so I guess the sheer number of files can provoque errors. I checked the log files and it is always logged as touch's tiny squeezecenter experiencing an out of memory (or similar) error. This is why in the end I always return back to the latest 7.5.4 firmware release - with this one I actually manage to scan all the files (and listen to some music); later ones start great but eventually break at after the audio files scan finishes and the artwork scan starts.
    Are you sure you have removed all vid files? In my case there was one .m4a vid file that I had overlooked and did not delete. after deleting it, it is running smoothly. Also my network strength was poor and it was giving me rebuffering problem. Now I have simply attached a wifi router near my players and now they are both playing different flac files of even 24\96 simultaneously rather smoothly.
    I will update again after more using of this setup.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
    Are you sure you have removed all vid files? In my case there was one .m4a vid file that I had overlooked and did not delete. after deleting it, it is running smoothly. ....
    You actually were right that one .avi file kept being overlooked! Thank you for pointing out that possibility! I will see during next week or so if a new firmware comes out (there was 7.7.2 something on the server) and will test (as it means wipe & scan all the 20k+ files from the scratch it may take some time).
    _
    SB Touch; Denon DVD-1920; Revolver SEE+ Sumiko BluePoint;
    Luxman L-405 (impr.); VTL straight-line (impr.); Luxman T-240 (impr.);
    AKAI GX-95; AIWA AD-F640Z; Usher S-520.

Interesting. I spent hours resizing all my artwork to 150 x 150 which did not solve the problem...

However I have just found an .m4p file lurking which I didn't know about!

I'll report back in a couple of days if this solves the problem.

After sorting out all potential trouble maker issues, now my usb hdd has only mp3, flac and wma files. Wifi strength is around 90%.
    I will be watching it for 2-3 days. If it still gives trouble then I will go back to using my pc.

Unhappy

Here is the update:
    ' Used the latest 7.7.2.xxxx firmware. Wipe & Rescan. Discovery - fine. Audio files scan - fine. Artwork scan - cca 1000 discovered, scan starts and than the LMS/TinySC stops. I went through the log and it is again the same low memory/out of memory problem; the LMS/TinySC "experiences a problem" actually because the script calls out the kill command to kill the LMS process (!). I would really like to hear from someone from Logitech on the alternatives to overcome this problem instead of having the software killing the process that is experiencing the problem itself.
    _

I would really like to hear from someone from Logitech on the alternatives to overcome this problem instead of having the software killing the process that is experiencing the problem itself.
    This is a good forum to get other user feedback/help, but if you want anyone from logitech to read your request, you'll need to post at the logitech official forums (links below) or post a bug if you want attention by the developers(link below, but post back here with link for bug to get voters). This forum is simply users helping other users and not officially read by logitech.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/MySque...p/mysqueezebox
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeez...eezeboxplayers
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

edit: bug is probably best bet as this is a technical issue and at the other forums you'll not get much in the way of technical solutions (although they can kick serious problems up the chain at least....which can't happen from postings here).
    Last edited by garym; 2012-02-05 at 09:44.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    ...if you want anyone from logitech to read your request, you'll need to post at the logitech official forums ... or post a bug ...
    You are right (I actually forgot about that one) - though I hoped that someone from Logitech occasionally looks through these threads as well (Maybe not all users are technically so apt but would certainly know what they would like to see as a feature or hate as an annoying problem, and if I had a product like this on the market I would certainly want to know the public response and consequently be able to properly correct my approach).
    _

You are right (I actually forgot about that one) - though I hoped that someone from Logitech occasionally looks through these threads as well (Maybe not all users are technically so apt but would certainly know what they would like to see as a feature or hate as an annoying problem, and if I had a product like this on the market I would certainly want to know the public response and consequently be able to properly correct my approach).
    I'm guessing the answer is rarely or not at all do they look here....we're probably lucky that they haven't shut down these forums altogether given the existence of official forums.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

And there are some embarrisng issues with the onboard server and the Touch.

It has only 128mB of ram and no swapfile .

A person on this forum managed to get a swapfile running on a sd card or usb stick ?
    And noticed that during some phases of the scan it was actually used .

Which tells us that with some content it will always crash ?

So more optimisation of the onboard Tiny server is needed if it's ever going to work for everyone :-/

Make it just don't process to large artwork and non jpg art ?
    A mode without artwork ?

Even when running the server on better hardware there are rare files that can crash the scanner.
    Which is bizzare , a development where it can spit out problem files and log them without crashing is needed...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    And there are some embarrisng issues with the onboard server and the Touch.

Which tells us that with some content it will always crash ?

a development where it can spit out problem files and log them without crashing is needed...
    Here's one note to support the "always" part: when the artwork scan starts it looks like in my case it really crashes at the same point (cca 215/1220) every time(!)

And for the "development" part: How come that after all this optimization it manages to pass somehow this stage (1 or 2 repeats) with an almost a year old firmware release (latest 7.5.4)?
    _