Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Album Artist on LMS 7.7.5

Although this thread is old, I am having problems very similar to those described here. Especially in classical music files, I have both the Artist and Album Artist tags populated, but LMS ignores the latter. Reading this thread, I assume this is because it is not correctly interpreting Compilation = 0. I'm using iTunes to tag my files, and I've not been able to find another tagging program for the Mac that gives me sufficient control over the Compilation tag to set it to something other than 1 or 0. Any suggestions?

Am I being dense: isn't treating Compilation = 0 and Compilation = 'blank' as different behavior by LMS that should be treated as a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    Although this thread is old, I am having problems very similar to those described here. Especially in classical music files, I have both the Artist and Album Artist tags populated, but LMS ignores the latter. Reading this thread, I assume this is because it is not correctly interpreting Compilation = 0. I'm using iTunes to tag my files, and I've not been able to find another tagging program for the Mac that gives me sufficient control over the Compilation tag to set it to something other than 1 or 0. Any suggestions?

Am I being dense: isn't treating Compilation = 0 and Compilation = 'blank' as different behavior by LMS that should be treated as a bug?
    What sort of files are you tagging? m4a? ALAC? Have you tried mp3tag? It has a version that runs on a Mac. You can select files, right click, select extended tags, then on Compilation you can choose "blank", which removes the tag. In my own case, I have no Compilation tag rather than a value of 0, and this works. But I'm using FLAC files.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html

or try here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-v2.69.app.zip

Does XLD have tagging software? It might work too.
    Last edited by garym; 2015-07-05 at 14:51.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    What sort of files are you tagging? m4a? ALAC? .
    Thanks; I forgot to mention that my files are ALAC. The taggers I've tried are either specific to MP3, or if not they simply have a checkbox to set/unset the Compilation tag, which is what I can do with iTunes.

Thanks for the pointer to the version of MP3tag that uses Wine to run under OSX! I've now been able to remove the Compilation tag from a test album. However, this album lists under both the Artists tag and the Album Artist tag, rather than only under the Album Artist tag, which is the behavior that I want. I don't think this is new behavior, because I now see that other albums with CPIL=0 list the same way. The relevant tags are these (as shown in LMS):

AART; Purcell, Henry
    ALB: Purcell: Dido and Aeneas
    ART: BBC Music MM 129 Vol 03 No 05 - Purcell
    TOO: iTunes v.7.6.2
    WRT: Purcell, Henry

The album lists under *both* Purcell, Henry, and BBC Music...

The settings under the My Music tab in LMS are:
    -Group compilation albums together
    -List album by band
    -Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as Album Artist

One might imagine that the way LMS processes tags while scanning would be documented somewhere.

Apparently not.

have a look at the links in my sig.

comp=0 and comp=[blank] are NOT the same thing to LMS.

imo, all files from one CD should be in one folder, and they either should have no comp tags at all, or Comp=1

EDIT:

ALAC comes as either CAF or m4a afaik. m4a is the most common way, and i think mp3tag will add (or remove) comp tags on either.
    Last edited by BJW; 2016-02-13 at 10:02.
    Using: Win7 64 + LMS 7.9 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations

Quote Originally Posted by BJW View Post
    have a look at the links in my sig.

comp=0 and comp=[blank] are NOT the same thing to LMS.

imo, all files from one CD should be in one folder, and they either should have no comp tags at all, or Comp=1
    Agree.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify