Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

New forum section proposal

After being member of this forum for several years now and reading many many posts i think that it's now time for new forum section dedicated to the countless problems so many people experience when using Apple and Mac products and software with high resolution files. For example getting iTunes to recognize flac files, getting SBS to play high resolution Apple lossless files and many other of the seemingly endless problems I've read about in trying to get Macs to deal with high resolution audio files.

Proposed title for the new section: Bad Apples
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    after being member of this forum for several years now and reading many many posts i think that it's now time for new forum section dedicated to the countless problems so many people experience when using apple and mac products and software with high resolution files. For example getting itunes to recognize flac files, getting sbs to play high resolution apple lossless files and many other of the seemingly endless problems i've read about in trying to get macs to deal with high resolution audio files.

Proposed title for the new section: Bad apples
    rotflmao
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    After being member of this forum for several years now and reading many many posts i think that it's now time for new forum section dedicated to the countless problems so many people experience when using Apple and Mac products and software with high resolution files. For example getting iTunes to recognize flac files, getting SBS to play high resolution Apple lossless files and many other of the seemingly endless problems I've read about in trying to get Macs to deal with high resolution audio files.

Proposed title for the new section: Bad Apples
    Yeah, Apple sucks when it comes to audio (but so do all other proprietary systems; as Squeezebox Touch had amply demonstrated, the only way to do digital audio properly is by using a community-based open source technology).