Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Do you have a way to add a "weblink => <URL>" tag to the root level of that URL item in a SqueezePlay menu?
    iPEng has a feature that I originally included for Biography and AlbumReview which allows to play a url that way.
    I believe if it's a "youtube://" URL it will even play directly in the YouTube App.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

Hmm, something is amiss now for me with version 0.8, selecting 'On Youtube' doesn't do anything any more, I just get the 'busy' cursor on the Web interface and in iPeng and the screen doesn't refresh. Logging doesn't show anything, also when set to debugging.
    EDIT: Forgot to say that I am running
    Version: 7.6.0 - r32427
    Betriebssystem: Linux - DE - iso-8859-1
    Plattformarchitektur: x86_64-linux
    Perl-Version: 5.12.3 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Datenbankversion: DBD::SQLite 1.32_02 (sqlite 3.7.5)
    on Arch Linux.
    Last edited by signor_rossi; 2011-05-19 at 07:46.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Do you have a way to add a "weblink => <URL>" tag to the root level of that URL item in a SqueezePlay menu?
    iPEng has a feature that I originally included for Biography and AlbumReview which allows to play a url that way.
    I believe if it's a "youtube://" URL it will even play directly in the YouTube App.
    youtube:// was wrong. Here's how YouTube links work on iPhone:

The YouTube URL scheme is used to launch the YouTube application or connect to the YouTube website to play the specified video. If your application links to YouTube content, you can use this scheme to play videos from your application.

Unlike some schemes, YouTube URLs do not start with a ôyoutubeö scheme identifier. Instead, they are specified as regular http links but are targeted at the YouTube server. The following examples show the basic strings you would use in Safari and in an application to show a YouTube video. In each example, you would need to replace the VIDEO_IDENTIFIER value with the identifier of the video you wanted to display:

HTML links:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDEO_IDENTIFIER">Play Video</a>
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIDEO_IDENTIFIER">Play Video</a>
    Native application URL strings:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDEO_IDENTIFIER
    http://www.youtube.com/v/VIDEO_IDENTIFIER
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by signor_rossi View Post
    Hmm, something is amiss now for me with version 0.8, selecting 'On Youtube' doesn't do anything any more, I just get the 'busy' cursor on the Web interface and in iPeng and the screen doesn't refresh. Logging doesn't show anything, also when set to debugging.
    EDIT: Forgot to say that I am running
    Version: 7.6.0 - r32427
    Betriebssystem: Linux - DE - iso-8859-1
    Plattformarchitektur: x86_64-linux
    Perl-Version: 5.12.3 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Datenbankversion: DBD::SQLite 1.32_02 (sqlite 3.7.5)
    on Arch Linux.
    Was this from an artist or track menu - it should work from the track menu, but is a known (by me!) bug for the artist menu. The reason for artist context menus is somewhere is the main server code and I have not found out where yet (there are logitech plugins which have this feature commented out as it doesn't work!)

youtube:// was wrong. Here's how YouTube links work on iPhone:
    Yes youtube:// was one I made up for the plugin as SBS needs a unique url scheme for a protocol handler.

Can you describe in a bit more detail where you want this weblink? (I explicity check the user interface and only show it on a web session at present!)

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Was this from an artist or track menu - it should work from the track menu, but is a known (by me!) bug for the artist menu. The reason for artist context menus is somewhere is the main server code and I have not found out where yet (there are logitech plugins which have this feature commented out as it doesn't work!)
    From the track menu where I can see all the track info like 'comment, duration, bitrate, sample rate, etc...'.

Do you know how the problem looks like ? Do you get wrong values in the callback or is it something else ?

I'm asking because I haven't seen any problems with the artist context menus in my plugins. Not sure I've tested all different scenarios though.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Looks like I broke the working track context menu in the latest version - will fix this. I

Yes youtube:// was one I made up for the plugin as SBS needs a unique url scheme for a protocol handler.
    I meant my comment. I said you would need a youtube: link but you don't. iPhone will play a YouTube video in the YouTube app if you use a valid YouTube play link in a http://... format
    Can you describe in a bit more detail where you want this weblink? (I explicity check the user interface and only show it on a web session at present!)
    I would say in the Track Info menu and in the context menu for the playable item when you are searching or browsing YouTube.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

I meant my comment. I said you would need a youtube: link but you don't. iPhone will play a YouTube video in the YouTube app if you use a valid YouTube play link in a http://... format

I would say in the Track Info menu and in the context menu for the playable item when you are searching or browsing YouTube.
    I'm not sure I can make adding weblink work - there appears to be no way to pass this through xmlbrowser to ipeg. I note that weblink is commented out in the latest version of the Biography plugin - perhaps for this reason..?