Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am not able to compile Squeezeplay myself on Windows so I would really like the ENV option to work. Any news on if it is being added to the nightly builds?

+1. I want to use my high-end audio-interface with SqueezePlay but don't want to send all the default Windows sounds to it. So I stumbled upon this thread.

Is there any chance that this environment variable feature will make it to the core distribution such that everyone can have it without having to compile it themselves ?

in Linux you can choose the audio device and other parameters through setting file:
    ~/.squeezeplay/userpath/settings/DesktopJive.lua

I have following content in it:
    settings = {mac="xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx",uuid="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x"",alsaSampleSize=24,alsaPlaybackDevice="plughw:2 ,0",alsaEffectsDevice="plughw:0,0",alsaPlaybackBuf ferTime=50000,alsaPlaybackPeriodCount=3}

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    +1. I want to use my high-end audio-interface with SqueezePlay but don't want to send all the default Windows sounds to it. So I stumbled upon this thread.

Is there any chance that this environment variable feature will make it to the core distribution such that everyone can have it without having to compile it themselves ?
    I'm on OSX and don't have a dev environment either. Has anyone compiled a binary for OSX that they can share?

Thanks! -mark