Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Says incompatible

I just got a Nook Tablet, to upgrade my color nook. It is rooted.
    But it says that SqueezePlayer is incompatible!

Please update your app to include the BNTV250.

Thanks,
    Jim Rome

Although I could not install it from the online marketplace, it did install using the market app on my Nook Tablet. And it works.
    Last edited by jarome; 2011-12-01 at 12:54.

Hi jarome,

I just realized, that SqueezePlayer (claimed to) require BlueTooth support from devices.
    I just uploaded version 1.2.2 which removes this claim and I hope it shouldn't be filtered anymore on the market of the Nook.

Can you verify that?
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Thanks for the response.

I was able to get the player to sync with just one radio.

Looks like I need a new wireless AP. One should be here tomorrow :-)

FYI if I run just one at a time I have run your app successfully on:
    1) my old HTC Dream (G1)
    2) my old HTC Nexus One (N1)
    3) my current Samsung Galaxy S2
    4) my current Asus Transformer tablet

option for connection profiles

I use squeezeplayer indoors most of the time, and then I connect directly to my nas through my home wifi.

But when I am not at home I am planning to use that through squeezetunnel (I just set that up). Now I have to go into the settings to change the server from my internal network server name to localhost every time I switch. It would be a nice feature if you were able to define 'profiles', and switch them from the main page of the app.

The new update cured a lot of connectoin problems in low wifi reception areas btw! Thanks!

Have you thought about another app to stream from Android?

Have you considered writing an app that would stream whatever was playing on the Android device to the Squeezebox network over wifi?

I could almost do it with Bluetooth to a bluetooth device that has line out and into my server line in. But this would have about a 10s delay and limited to the short range of bluetooth. I would rather do it over wifi.

Just thinking how nice it would be to stream synced Audible books all over the house. The only way I can do it now is to plug the phone into the line in on the server and just leave it there (still has the 10s delay but it works today, just can't pause/jump around without walking back to that device).

Mike

Widget please - to save screen space and for fun

Hi,

I'd like to see a widgetized version of squeeze player, one that might create a small widget capable of:

1) turning squeeze player on and off
    2) adjust volume by slider
    3) showing current album artwork
    4) supporting any relevant android widget audio controller standards.

This would let me configure a screen on my tablet for "home audio" and have squeeze player share that screen with audio manager, equalizer, and other audio widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by knoxbrder View Post
    Have you considered writing an app that would stream whatever was playing on the Android device to the Squeezebox network over wifi?

I could almost do it with Bluetooth to a bluetooth device that has line out and into my server line in. But this would have about a 10s delay and limited to the short range of bluetooth. I would rather do it over wifi.

Just thinking how nice it would be to stream synced Audible books all over the house. The only way I can do it now is to plug the phone into the line in on the server and just leave it there (still has the 10s delay but it works today, just can't pause/jump around without walking back to that device).

Mike
    I think your suggestion is brilliant, although I suspect there will still be that difficult delay.

Another way to do stream now, apart from line-in, that has almost no advantages over what you suggest, except for allowing streaming of ANY audio stream, is to use VLC.

I have a cygwin shell script that looks like this on my machine workstation:

#!/bin/bash
    /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe --no-video --no-sout-video dshow:// :dshow-vdev=none :dshow-adev="Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini" :dshow-caching=200 --sout "#transcode{vcodec=none,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels =2,samplerate=44100}:http{dst=:8080/vlcstream.mp3}" :no-sout-rtp-sap :no-sout-standard-sap :ttl=1 :sout-keep

And then on my squeeze server machine I listen in on the url:

http://workstation:8080/vlcstream.mp3

There is still a 10 second delay, but it allows me to stream anything on that workstation machine around my place.

Regardless, I like your idea.

Galaxy Nexus

I use SqueezePlayer on my Motorola Xoom with great success, but as soon as I purchase and try to install on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the app is automatically removed from Soon - even if it is currently playing back music. Not sure if this is an issue with Icecream Sandwich or running the app on two devices on the same account.

Even if I remove from both devices and install only on the Nexus, I can't get it to connect - automatically or manually. I can use the browser to port 9000 on the server though.

Is there an issue with the latest Android OS?
    Should I be able to install & run on 2 devices linked to the same account?

Thanks

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by drunkahol View Post
    I use SqueezePlayer on my Motorola Xoom with great success, but as soon as I purchase and try to install on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the app is automatically removed from Soon - even if it is currently playing back music. Not sure if this is an issue with Icecream Sandwich or running the app on two devices on the same account.

Even if I remove from both devices and install only on the Nexus, I can't get it to connect - automatically or manually. I can use the browser to port 9000 on the server though.

Is there an issue with the latest Android OS?
    Should I be able to install & run on 2 devices linked to the same account?

Thanks

Duncan
    Hi Duncan,

I don't own an Android 4.0 device yet, so cannot say anything about compatibility.
    But what you are saying sounds very strange.
    Is the App really uninstalled automatically, when you install it on another device - or does it just disconnect/stop playing?

From my understanding of the Android market you can install (and use) the App on as many devices as you like (provided they are all configured to use the same Google account).
    You cannot purchase an App twice via the same account.

I also didn't ever hear from Apps being uninstalled/removed automatically (except some Apps with backdoors that Google removed because of security issues).
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by ja2038 View Post
    Hi,

I'd like to see a widgetized version of squeeze player, one that might create a small widget capable of:

1) turning squeeze player on and off
    2) adjust volume by slider
    3) showing current album artwork
    4) supporting any relevant android widget audio controller standards.

This would let me configure a screen on my tablet for "home audio" and have squeeze player share that screen with audio manager, equalizer, and other audio widgets.
    For a Widget there is at least "Squidget" on the market, which should support your request #2-#4.
    It cannot start SqueezePlayer automatically yet, but I'm working on ways to let other Apps start/stop SqueezePlayer automatically to have a tighter integration.
    There has been a successful prototype with SqueezeCommander already, but we need to put a little bit more work into it, so no promises yet about a timeframe (we are both having young kids at home).

I'm a bit wary about widgets right now, as it looks like Google turned them upside down with IceCreamSandwich and I need to learn more about it (and obviously convince myself to actually buy an expensive Android 4.0 device for testing).