Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Is FLAC supposed to work?
    I'm only getting white noise when trying that.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

When I first tried it I got no sound at all from FLAC files. Then I tried an MP3 which worked fine. After that, all FLAC and MP3 files now work fine.

However, only 16-bit files (44.1 and 48 kHz) seem to work. Playback aborts with 24-bit files.

Playing FLAC downconverted to 64k on HTC Incredible / Verizon over 3G.

Way Cool!!

Haven't tested extensively, but it seems to be working fine. Looking forward to testing remote playback. I have a Motorola Droid (original, but with CyanogenMod 7.0.1, so Android 2.3.3) and a Xoom (Android 3.0) and will work with both.

Is FLAC supposed to work?
    I'm only getting white noise when trying that.
    For those trying Flac and have problems: what bitrate/samplerate is your FLACs?
    My Flacs work fine, but I only have same default 44/16.
    96/24 won't work yet, as the server does not downsample with PCM and well: 96khz is just not possible on Android.
    Real FLAC support coming soon, server will downsample then, whoever wants to Beta test, drop a note to support(at)squeezeplayer.com.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Unhappy Tried Pandora

Pandora Error: "You must be a subscriber to use Pandora from this device."

[ANNOUNCE] Music-Playback now on ANDROID! SqueezePlayerreleased to the market ...

Cool! I'm seeing the same flac playback issue pippin mentioned. mp3 is playing perfectly fine.

I've seen several issues with shoutcast streams too: Radio Paradise wouldn't play at all. Some (eg. cool93 Fahrenheit) would kill it after playing playing some Mickey Mouse vocals :-). And some work perfectly fine (eg. idobi radio).

One more thing I observed while using our Controller app: when controlling SqueezePlayer I would get the volume popup when using the volume buttons, which usually doesn't happen in our app. Is your app pushing it to the screen, or is this Android handling it? I'm also wondering as you might need to somehow intercept the volume handler, as it needs to report back to the server too.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewild View Post
    Pandora Error: "You must be a subscriber to use Pandora from this device."
    As of the App description Pandora does not work due to licensing issues.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    One more thing I observed while using our Controller app: when controlling SqueezePlayer I would get the volume popup when using the volume buttons, which usually doesn't happen in our app. Is your app pushing it to the screen, or is this Android handling it? I'm also wondering as you might need to somehow intercept the volume handler, as it needs to report back to the server too.
    Android pops up the volume indicator when you change the volume.
    The App also intercepts the current volume to send it to the server.
    Can you send me one of the trouble FLAC to my gmail Account?

[ANNOUNCE] Music-Playback now on ANDROID! SqueezePlayerreleased to the market ...

Oh, switching from Direct Streaming to proxied streaming made Radio Paradise available.

You could enable this feature automatically on the server by setting the player pref when connecting ([ 'playerpref', 'mp3StreamingMethod', '1' ]).

Michael

Am 29.04.2011, 06:48 Uhr, schrieb Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:

> Cool! I'm seeing the same flac playback issue pippin mentioned. mp3 is playing perfectly fine.
    >
    > I've seen several issues with shoutcast streams too: Radio Paradise wouldn't play at all. Some (eg. cool93 Fahrenheit) would kill it after playing playing some Mickey Mouse vocals :-). And some work perfectly fine (eg. idobi radio).
    >
    > One more thing I observed while using our Controller app: when controlling SqueezePlayer I would get the volume popup when using the volume buttons, which usually doesn't happen in our app. Is your app pushing it to the screen, or is this Android handling it? I'm also wondering as you might need to somehow intercept the volume handler, as it needs to report back to the server too.
    >