Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
    That is unfortunate. But maybe you'd be open to doing a Google TV specific build and sell it through AndroidPIT
    AndroidPit uses the same filters as Google (as far as I know), so no chance they.
    Let's wait for the final update and then I'll ask someone with a Revue to do some tests again.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

android squeezeplayer won't connect via connectbot

Has anyone got this working?

I use squeezedroid and also squeezecontroller - both work happily via connect bot or locally. I bought squeezeplayer and it works well locally but will not connect at all via connectbot. This is on galaxy s2. The squeezeplayer settings are 127.0.0.1 and port 9000 - as for squeezedroid - but no joy. It won't connect automatically either - I presume the method of sensing a server used by squeezeplayer doesn't work for localhost.

Am I being an idiot and missing something obvious?

Thanks

Coppo

Quote Originally Posted by coppo23 View Post
    Has anyone got this working?

I use squeezedroid and also squeezecontroller - both work happily via connect bot or locally. I bought squeezeplayer and it works well locally but will not connect at all via connectbot. This is on galaxy s2. The squeezeplayer settings are 127.0.0.1 and port 9000 - as for squeezedroid - but no joy. It won't connect automatically either - I presume the method of sensing a server used by squeezeplayer doesn't work for localhost.

Am I being an idiot and missing something obvious?

Thanks

Coppo
    SqueezePlayer main features all use port 3483. Did you forward it in ConnectBot? Port 9000 actually is only used to forward volume changes.

Please be aware of issues with ConnectBot (at least on older Android firmwares like 2.2) and possible workarounds - all documented here on my blog:
    http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2011/05...ation-channel/
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    SqueezePlayer main features all use port 3483. Did you forward it in ConnectBot? Port 9000 actually is only used to forward volume changes.

Please be aware of issues with ConnectBot (at least on older Android firmwares like 2.2) and possible workarounds - all documented here on my blog:
    http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2011/05...ation-channel/
    port 3483 not forwarded - forgot about it. Fixed now. Thanks very much.
    Coppo

SqueezePlayer syncing

I have 2 Squeeze Radios and they both play in perfect sync. I also have HTC Android phone I use around the house as an alarm clock and remote control. I though it would be cool to have it sitting in the cradle, connected to my Bose speaker and use it as another squeeze device. So I purchased SqueezePlay this morning, but noticed that syncing basically sucks like it does on softsqueeze, squeezeslave running on same server as LMS - syncing is terrible. I haven't look in to this myself yet, but wonder if anyone else thought about this - maybe Logitech has some proprietary code in their h/w devices allowing them to sync up so good and the rest of the s/w implementations suck so bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by moishap View Post
    I have 2 Squeeze Radios and they both play in perfect sync. I also have HTC Android phone I use around the house as an alarm clock and remote control. I though it would be cool to have it sitting in the cradle, connected to my Bose speaker and use it as another squeeze device. So I purchased SqueezePlay this morning, but noticed that syncing basically sucks like it does on softsqueeze, squeezeslave running on same server as LMS - syncing is terrible. I haven't look in to this myself yet, but wonder if anyone else thought about this - maybe Logitech has some proprietary code in their h/w devices allowing them to sync up so good and the rest of the s/w implementations suck so bad ?
    Sync is only supported on hardware players.

My guess is that it's because only on hardware players there's full control over the signalprocessing end-to-end.

Try and search in these forums, it's been debated several times.
    Vote for "Nap feature": http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14208

Sboxes: Duet, Classic, Radio, 2 Boom's
    Server: HP Laptop, Core i5-540M, 4Gb DDR3, WOL (Wake-on-lan), 1.7watt suspended, Windows 7, LMS 7.7
    Router: Linksys WRT54G wireless

Quote Originally Posted by moishap View Post
    SqueezePad supports the full synchronization protocol for SqueezeBoxes, there is not proprietary code in their h/w devices.
    Good synchronization depend on two things
    a) a stable clock in the device (i.e. a 2 seconds of music shouldn't have finished playing after 1,98 seconds)
    b) exact information of what music frame is played right now (as this gets send back to the server who negotiates what devices should catch up).

Logitech is in complete control of both - they have good priced dedicated music devices with proper DACs.
    Also the iPad hardware is marvellous in the regard by the way. My iPad SqueezePad AppStore description even mentions synchronization there (and it is based on the same code-base), even though it's just a 'software' player as well.

Android unfortunately is a very different beast. Every hardware manufacturer decided himself what to put into the device - and obviously not everyone care for good and reliable sound chips (compromising #a) and as they have to provide their own audio drivers there is also a risk, that they compromise #b. Not many people will realize that, as the local player keep playing fine, so they is also no real motivation for manufacturers to care a lot for audio.

Having said that: I get promising feedback about WORKING synchronization all the time with SqueezePlayer (last one see here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=664600).
    On the AppStore there are three comments mentioning a working synchronisation, only one where it doesn't work.

In my experience HTC belongs to the more caring manufacturers. I have a HTC Desire and Wildfire and both sync just fine. What HTC device do you own?

Did you try to start small (i.e. first just sync SqueezePlayer with _one_ Radio and see how far you can get?). Only then also try with your second Radio and please don't mix with SqueezeSlave or SoftSqueeze (these running on Windows are even more prone to problems caused be #a und #b and influence all other synced devices).

Are your Radios wired or are they running over WiFi? What type of media format are you streaming - could it be that your WiFi bandwidth is exhausted when three devices play simultaneously ?

PS (on a personal note): as a caring software developer it's really hard to stay calm and help out, when the original poster used the word "sucks" multiple times in his first posting. Please do think about your wording when you are really out for help.
    If you are not happy with SqueezePlayer because of synchronization not working for you, I'm also happy to provide a refund anytime.
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2011-11-14 at 11:03.

In my experience HTC belongs to the more caring manufacturers.
    Do you have any experience with the Motorola Xoom? I'm curious how the spec of their audio circuits stack up with other hardware. I only use my Xoom to listen with headphones, so synch isn't really a concern for me. I should try it out though just to check it out.

To my ears, the Xoom's audio is very good. I don't get any background digital hash when listening with my headphones. It will be really cool if ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) allows the use of USB DACs. I've read that this is a possibility since Google is opening up the USB ports a bit more.

Sync, even with the Squeezebox hardware, isn't always flawless. I sync my duet in my kitchen with my Touch in the family room quite often. In the release I'm using now and the previous one, they are out of sync enough that it's really annoying. Even with their own hardware, it isn't always perfect.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Quote Originally Posted by maggior View Post
    Do you have any experience with the Motorola Xoom? I'm curious how the spec of their audio circuits stack up with other hardware. I only use my Xoom to listen with headphones, so synch isn't really a concern for me. I should try it out though just to check it out.
    Please give synchronization a try, when you find some time!
    So far I didn't hear anything bad about the Xoom, quite the opposite in fact, also for synchronization.

Unhappy SqueezePlayer syncing

Having said that: I get promising feedback about WORKING synchronization all the time with SqueezePlayer (last one see here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=664600).
    I've checked that post and have tried syncing either way - Squeeze Player on HTC HD2 (Leo) to Squeezebox Radio, or Squeezebox Radio to Squeeze Player - same out of sync.

On the AppStore there are three comments mentioning a working synchronization, only one where it doesn't work. What HTC device do you own?
    I guess you may want to add two more "no sync" cases. Out of curiosity I installed your app on my second phone HTC Sensation - no luck.
    Did you try to start small (i.e. first just sync SqueezePlayer with _one_ Radio and see how far you can get?).
    Yes. No difference.
    Are your Radios wired or are they running over WiFi? What type of media format are you streaming - could it be that your WiFi bandwidth is exhausted when three devices play simultaneously ?
    Doubt about two 32Kbps Radio or even two 320Kbps mp3 streams exhausting my 802.11n bandwidth.

Logitech is in complete control of both - they have good priced dedicated music devices with proper DACs.
    [SNIP]
    there is not proprietary code in their h/w devices.
    This maybe off-topic a bit, but I am puzzled then - as mentioned, not only Squeeze Player, but also a squeezeslave, compiled on i7 920 @ 2.6GHz, Fedora13 (same server where I am running LMS 7.7) does not sync with my two Squeezebox Radios ... well kind off, but not enough to enjoy the music or talk radio. Just don't understand how off-the-shelf 16-Bit MSP430 running mix of opensource on 2.6.26.8-rt16 outperforms everything else.
    Both Radios sync between each other *perfectly* to my ear.

Regards