Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    The question is are all the tracks for album "19" shown for both appearances of the album "19", and likewise for "21"? Whether or not duplicate tracks are shown within each album is a different matter (and would be very strange if it occurred).

Also, in the web ui, are the paths and filenames for the tracks in different appearances of the same album absolutely identical? For example, if you go to:

Artists > Adele > 19 [first appearance] > Daydreamer
    and
    Artists > Adele > 19 [second appearance] > Daydreamer

are the file path and names exactly the same for each appearance of the track.
    Hey,
    I think you are up to something. When I checked the location of the same track on both albums, I get the following:
    First - D:\My Music\Folders\Losless Albums\Adele\19\01 - Daydreamer - Adele.flac
    Second - \\Nitro\d$\My Music\Folders\Losless Albums\Adele\19\01 - Daydreamer - Adele.flac

So it seems its getting everything double because the SB server is getting info from both the location and the other (the one that has my computer name).

Now what can I do so that the SB server only sees one of them only?

Thanks

Well, if you don't need to share your D: drive, the easiest thing would be to turn off sharing for that drive, or at least restrict sharing to something that SBS can't read.

But that's no good if you really need to share the D: drive. If that's the case we need to ask if _all_ of your albums are being duplicated, or only some albums. If all albums are being duplicated, either you have a shortcut somewhere at or near the top-level folder, or maybe the music folder directory isn't specified correctly in SBS. I notice that a couple times you have mistyped the music directory as d:/music or d:/my music, with a slash instead of a backslash. I don't really think that's your problem, but it's easy enough to rule it out. Go to the box for specifying your music folder, and use the "browse" option to specify the folder, rather than typing anything. Then do a full clear and rescan.

Finally, are you using iTunes integration or MusicIP? Even if you think you're not, please double-check your settings to make sure you don't have any boxes ticked accidentally.

same problem

hi

i have the same problem, with every album displaying as double. Using Touch built in server, and selecting the first album it is empty, only containing album art. the second album contains tracks + album art.

this started after installing 7.6.1.

WTF?

Try doing a wipe and rescan. I have had this happen as well ONLY using the built in server on the Touch. So I either do a wipe and rescan or I delete the cache folder on my attached USB drive.. Works for me...
    I am also currently using 7.7.0_r9532 as NONE of the 7.6.1 releases worked for me. It ALWAYS failed on the scaning of artwork with the local service has stopped due to an error, error. So far this release has worked perfectly for me...
    Joe Sica
    2 SB Radio's ( 1 black and 1 white) and 1 Touch ( Analog cap mod)

thx

thanks, that did the trick, everything working fine again.

This could be the doing of a playlist.

First - D:\My Music\Folders\Losless Albums\Adele\19\01 - Daydreamer - Adele.flac
    Second - \\Nitro\d$\My Music\Folders\Losless Albums\Adele\19\01 - Daydreamer - Adele.flac

And some people put a m3u playlist in every album when they rip (why?) just delete that one
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ksie View Post
    I used to have this problem on my SB Classic-Squeezeserver when I added songs to a Playlist which I later saved. Had something to do with the path I had defined for Saved Playlists. Somehow SS saw saved-playlist-tracks as new entries to add to the database.

Are your "doubles" albums from which you've saved songs within a playlist?
    Hi there, I have this problem - tracks I have saved into playlists appear as duplicate albums in my collection. Did you find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by will biddle View Post
    Hi there, I have this problem - tracks I have saved into playlists appear as duplicate albums in my collection. Did you find a solution?
    Keep playlist directory outside music directory.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify