Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is it showing double albums on my Touch?

I have the server looking in D:/ My Music folder. When I look for the artist, I see a duplicated of the album. How can I fix this?

not sure exactly, but

Sounds like something to do with your tagging. Check the tags and also the SBS setup where it gives you options to define tagging: artist, album artist, band, etc.
    GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Tranquil PC fanless server running Windows 7 via FW> Mytek 192 DSD DAC;Odyssey Kismet (Khartago case) Stereo Amp; Devore Gibbon 9 Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon M20 (occasional use); SB Touch slaved to Empirical Audio Pace Car;SB Boom and SB Touch in additional rooms. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even though it's a very good player.

I used to have this problem on my SB Classic-Squeezeserver when I added songs to a Playlist which I later saved. Had something to do with the path I had defined for Saved Playlists. Somehow SS saw saved-playlist-tracks as new entries to add to the database.

Are your "doubles" albums from which you've saved songs within a playlist?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksie View Post
    I used to have this problem on my SB Classic-Squeezeserver when I added songs to a Playlist which I later saved. Had something to do with the path I had defined for Saved Playlists. Somehow SS saw saved-playlist-tracks as new entries to add to the database.

Are your "doubles" albums from which you've saved songs within a playlist?
    I have never created a playlist on these albums...and when I open the folder, I only see the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by grodri02 View Post
    I have never created a playlist on these albums...and when I open the folder, I only see the songs.
    If Windows, have you created any shortcuts within your music folder? They (annoyingly) show as duplicates. Also, if you've split an album into two physical folders you will see what appears to be a dupe as well. PS - I don't have a Touch so YMMV.

I dont know why it still showing double albums.

My Directory is d:/music.

For example, for an album I have the following in the Music Folder:

Loose Tracks -> single tracks of various artists.
    Folders -> Lossless Albums -> Adele -> 19 -> Tracks
    -> 21 -> Tracks

When I click on Artists, Adele, I see four albums, two of the 19 and two the 21 Albums. Why? Should I arrange it differently? I dont have any playlists or shortcuts.

Also, I feel that this makes my scanning do double the work therefore double the time.

Quote Originally Posted by grodri02 View Post
    I dont know why it still showing double albums.

My Directory is d:/music.

For example, for an album I have the following in the Music Folder:

Loose Tracks -> single tracks of various artists.
    Folders -> Lossless Albums -> Adele -> 19 -> Tracks
    -> 21 -> Tracks

When I click on Artists, Adele, I see four albums, two of the 19 and two the 21 Albums. Why? Should I arrange it differently? I dont have any playlists or shortcuts.

Also, I feel that this makes my scanning do double the work therefore double the time.
    Are some of your "Loose Tracks" from the albums "19" or "21"? What I notice is that the software seems to consider not just the Album title but also the path and the result is the way you're seeing the "dupes". If you want to you can change the names of the "Loose Track" albums to "19 - Loose" or whatever - you'll still have 4 Adele albums showing but at least they will be uniquely named. I noticed this when I acquired some Mono recordings and I already had the Stereo ones. Another possibility might be to create kind of a double disc CD so that Disc-1 is the lossless and Disc-2 is the lossy (both Disc-1 & Disc-2 folders as subfolders of "19") - I think this way you could keep the Album names identical (i.e., "19").

--Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hutcheson View Post
    Are some of your "Loose Tracks" from the albums "19" or "21"? What I notice is that the software seems to consider not just the Album title but also the path and the result is the way you're seeing the "dupes". If you want to you can change the names of the "Loose Track" albums to "19 - Loose" or whatever - you'll still have 4 Adele albums showing but at least they will be uniquely named. I noticed this when I acquired some Mono recordings and I already had the Stereo ones. Another possibility might be to create kind of a double disc CD so that Disc-1 is the lossless and Disc-2 is the lossy (both Disc-1 & Disc-2 folders as subfolders of "19") - I think this way you could keep the Album names identical (i.e., "19").

--Tom
    No...both 19 and 21 albums are in Adele folder where that folder is in Lossless Album. There are no other tracks of the same kind. The 19 and 21 are seperate folders too.

This is frustrating! Thanks for your help.

Are ALL tracks showing up in both instances of the albums, or are some tracks showing in one album and the rest in the other? This can happen if your titles are not EXACTLY the same on all tracks (extra trailing space, for example), or if you happen to have DISCNUMBER tags and they are not quite right, or????
    Obvious question - have you done a "rescan everything", or just a "rescan new/changed"?

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Are ALL tracks showing up in both instances of the albums, or are some tracks showing in one album and the rest in the other? This can happen if your titles are not EXACTLY the same on all tracks (extra trailing space, for example), or if you happen to have DISCNUMBER tags and they are not quite right, or????
    Obvious question - have you done a "rescan everything", or just a "rescan new/changed"?
    Hi,

This happens when I click Artist and hit Adele, then I see two '19' albums and two '21' albums. When I click on the Album, the tracks are shown with no duplication.

I have cleared the cache and also done a rescan everything twice already. The second time I did it after I used MP3tag to automatically tag the album just in case.