Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

After power outage, can't connect to server...

Hi there,

Last night we had a power outage. After everything started back up, my SlimServer will not reconnect to the server. I've restarted the computer twice, and restarted the server within the control panel to no avail. I've unplugged and restarted the SlimServer too.

It connects to the network, finds the computer, does everything but the last step of connecting to the server.

One thing I notice is that squeezebox is not in the system tray now, and I can't figure out why. Shouldn't it be there? I even checked that the service was running in the services, and it is.

My server has an IP and everything. Here's the info:

Version 7.5.3
    HTTP Port 9000
    Running WinXP

Note it says total players recognized: 0 - I assume because I haven't connected yet.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tdellaringa View Post
    Hi there,

Last night we had a power outage. After everything started back up, my SlimServer will not reconnect to the server. I've restarted the computer twice, and restarted the server within the control panel to no avail. I've unplugged and restarted the SlimServer too.

It connects to the network, finds the computer, does everything but the last step of connecting to the server.

One thing I notice is that squeezebox is not in the system tray now, and I can't figure out why. Shouldn't it be there? I even checked that the service was running in the services, and it is.

My server has an IP and everything. Here's the info:

Version 7.5.3
    HTTP Port 9000
    Running WinXP

Note it says total players recognized: 0 - I assume because I haven't connected yet.

Any ideas?

reboot your modem/router as well. unplug SB players, turn off computer, turn off router. Restart router, let fully start. Start computer and let fully boot including SbS starting up. Last add power back to players.

Okay, I gave that a shot and I get the same thing. I do note that there is still nothing in the tray - although maybe that went away when they changed to the control panel format? (I can't remember now).

Again the CP says the server is running. I had everything off, and I even rebooted my modem.

Okay, I gave that a shot and I get the same thing. I do note that there is still nothing in the tray - although maybe that went away when they changed to the control panel format? (I can't remember now).

Again the CP says the server is running. I had everything off, and I even rebooted my modem.
    hmmmm, you should still see SbS icon in the tray. I assume you are on windows? Go to Programs and find SbS program and click on it. But this may not be your issue. Sounds like SbS is in fact running.

Go to mysqueezebox.com and login. Is your player by chance connected to it instead of your local SbS?

Yes, the server is running. When I said "control panel" that's what I meant, going and clicking on SBS (Yes I am on Windows XP).

At mysqueezebox.com, my player does show up, but no, it does not say it's connected.

Why would the server be running but not showing in the tray?

Yes, the server is running. When I said "control panel" that's what I meant, going and clicking on SBS (Yes I am on Windows XP).

At mysqueezebox.com, my player does show up, but no, it does not say it's connected.

Why would the server be running but not showing in the tray?
    not sure why not showing up in the tray. I've had this happen occasionally, but a computer reboot typically solves that problem. So your main problem is that the player (what type of player?) will not connect to the server. What happens when you try to instead connect the player to mysqueezebox.com? Does the player work and stream music from the internet? This would be a good test to make sure that something hasn't gone wrong with the player.

Also, if it is a SB3, Boom, transporter, duet, you can do a xlinx reset. remove power from player, point remote at player while pressing down on the "1" key, restore power to player while continuing to press the "1" key. It will then show up on the screen that it is doing the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    So your main problem is that the player (what type of player?) will not connect to the server. What happens when you try to instead connect the player to mysqueezebox.com?
    I have one of the early models, a Slim Devices player. Yes, the player doesn't connect to the server, but all other connections up to it are there. The network is fine.

How would I connect to mysqueezebox.com - it doesn't give me any other choice but to connect to server. I thought of that too, but didn't know how to proceed.

Does the player work and stream music from the internet? This would be a good test to make sure that something hasn't gone wrong with the player.
    Again, I can't do that. Maybe because this is an old player, but my only option at the moment seems to be connect to server.

Also, if it is a SB3, Boom, transporter, duet...
    Unfortunately not.

Very much appreciate the help so far!

I'm not familiar with the old slimplayer setup, but I assume it is similar to the SB3 (the oldest I have). It should be a menu item you can scroll to. Maybe its not on the home menu. Try settings >, and any and all menus you can get to and one of them should be something like "change server to" or "switch to mysqueezebox.com".

did the xlinx reset work on the slimplayer? I think it might as it worked on all the old style players.

See I can't get to settings or anything else. When the player powers on, all I get is the setup, and since it never sets up, I don't get a menu...

See I can't get to settings or anything else. When the player powers on, all I get is the setup, and since it never sets up, I don't get a menu...
    aha. I see. But you still should be able to try the xlinx reset. Does it do anything?