Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    By chance is your SSID (name of your WiFi) hidden?
    If yes, try disabling that on the router, set it to YES: BROADCAST SSID.
    See if that helps the Radio see your WiFi quicker.

Also, when it does connect what is the WiFi signal strength the Radio is reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    By chance is your SSID (name of your WiFi) hidden?
    If yes, try disabling that on the router, set it to YES: BROADCAST SSID.
    See if that helps the Radio see your WiFi quicker.

Also, when it does connect what is the WiFi signal strength the Radio is reporting?
    Just checked and SID is set to broadcast, it is very strange because the radio picks up the network signal during the day but if left over night it cann't

Similar experiences (new with 7.6)

I'm experiencing similar flakiness on the network front - this with a brand new (open-box) Radio, where the first week was general bliss. The 7.6 upgrade, combined with the pre-Lion upgrades on my mac mini server, have created a number of moving parts.
    Current experience is that the radio has the red wifi indicator, and I can see my network just fine, with apparently good signal, but it just won't connect. Frustrated, I walk away. Hours later, it's showing my flickr screensaver (!) and it will play music if tested. More time passes, no network.

Looks like there are more wireless signals conflicting with each other.
    You could try to fix your wireless router to broadcast on a fixed channel.

I had the same issue because of a conflicxt with a wireless headphone.
    Fixing the network on a specific channel helped me out.

7.6 + Lion = better

I upgraded my mac mini to Lion, and things have (fingers crossed) been great ever since. Whether it was Lion, or a series of restarts that freed up IP addresses... Not sure. If it crops up again, I'm going static addressing for the fixed stuff throughout the house - thanks for the tips.

I am experiencing a similar problem after my "New" Unit has been turned off overnight, within the first 30 - 60 Minutes the Squeezebox Radio can claim there is NO WiFi Signal and WiFi Icon has turned Red (Status reports "No Link") and of course the Radio Stream has stopped playing (even though other WiFi Devices have NOT reported any Wireless Outage)!!! Typically occurs at least once each morning, possibly more times within that Initial 30 - 60 Minute "Warm Up" Period, after which the Internet Radio Stream can run uninterrupted all the way through the following night??? Although Single WiFi Outages can occur at home, with Cooler Mornings at the Cottage Multiple WiFi Outages can occur with that "Warm Up" Period!!! Compounded by the fact there are no Cordless Phones or other Wireless APs within "Range" (or even other Wireless Clients) at the Cottage (ie. the Country is a much "Clean" Wireless Environment that the City)???

After few minutes the Squeezebox Radio might find the "Lost" WiFi Source (the WiFi Icon having returned to being White, with all of its Strength Bars) on its own, at which time the Internet Radio Stream can be restarted by simply pressing the Play Button... Otherwise after turning the Unit off and back on the Squeezebox Radio might be able to find its "Lost" WiFi Source or it might NOT???

I believe that with 7.6+ a red icon is also used if the Squeezebox server is unavailable, so it is worth checking when you have a red icon whether it is really the Wifi that is down or connection to the server (use advanced diagnostics to check the wireless connection). Either way there is a problem to fix, but best to know for sure what the problem is.

On one occasion while the Icon was still Red I had the WiFi Diagnosis Report there was "No Link"... There were other indications where the Squeezebox was telling me the Wireless AP was NO Longer Available (even though from other Wireless Clients I knew the WIreless AP was still Available), although presently I am NOT sure what I was doing at that time to get that Message??? The Firmware was Upgraded to 7.6.1 shortly after being purchased, although I seem to remember before with its "Factory" Firmware the Squeezebox Radio was displaying something slightly different when it was claiming the Wireless AP was NO longer "Available"... Lastly I am using the Squeezebox Radio as a Standalone Unit, I do NOT have the Squeezebox Server running elsewhere on the LANs (if that makes any "Difference" to this Wireless AP/Red Icon Issue)???

This morning while watching the "Wireless Info" Screen the "Wireless Signal" dropped from its "Normal" Range of 80-90% down to 0%, then on re-entering the "Wireless Info" Screen the Squeezebox Radio reported "Not connected". It was actually on the "Network Health" Screen where the Squeezebox Radio reported "Wireless - no link"!!! The Icon had remained Red for a fairly short period of time (maybe 1 - 2 Minutes) before reconnecting itself to the Wireless AP (Icon returned to being White with all of its Bars), although by then the Internet Radio Stream had already Stopped Playing and the "Play" Button had to pressed for the Stream to Continue Playing...

The Exact Firmware Version is 7.6.1r9482 and the Hardware Version is 5. At home I normally only get only one of these Internet Radio Stream Interruption/Red Icon "Events" each morning shortly after the Unit has been turned on after being turned off over night, so I will probably not see another Red Icon "Event" until tomorrow morning when the Squeezebox Radio is turned back on??? By Initial "Warm Up" Period I mean the Black Case above the Squeezebox Radio's LCD Display Screen is NOT really Warm or Cold to the Touch, although the rest of the Black Case feels "Cool" to the Touch!!!

I ran for a couple years with the radio wirelessly using Mac Address filtering as my "security" method. I moved into a new house and decided to setup WPA2. I started to experience a lot of what you guys are mentioning. I remove WPA2 security and went back to MAC address filtering and so far so good.
    Just in case someone doesn't understand, basically I'm passing all my wifi data in the clear and a "man in the middle" could be looking at all my unencrypted packets. BUT only devices that I have manually added to a white list are allowed to connect to my wifi router.
    My important machines are wired in my house, so I don't really care if someone intercepts my radio streams or ipad/iphone traffic.
    I might try the crappy WEP encryption just for fun to see if that helps.