Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smst
    • Jun 2005

Album art being derived from COPYRIGHT URL

I have a number of albums which were released for free under a Creative Commons licence, all of which have a COPYRIGHT URL tag like this:

The album art for each such album is an image representing the CC licence. The image changes depending on the details of the licence; for example, the URL above would result in the "by" and "nd" symbols appearing on a CC template.

These albums each have a "folder.jpg" which is picked up by foobar 2000 (so the images seem okay). How can I get SC to see the image files in preference to the licence-based image?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • andyg
    Former Squeezebox Guy
    • Jan 2006

If you have embedded artwork, it is used before any files in the same directory. You'll need to remove/change the embedded artwork to fix this.

Comment

• smst
      • Jun 2005

That occurred to me soon after posting. D'oh! But I did look for embedded artwork using The Godfather and saw none. Is there another tool that can help me, or am I perhaps not using The Godfather correctly?

I didn't embed any artwork myself, so I assume it will have been done by the distributor.

Thanks for any advice!

Comment

• Mnyb
        • Feb 2006

Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files.

Or if you are on linux

On win tag6rename can be an option
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
        Bedroom/Office: Boom
        Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
        Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
        iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
        (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
        server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• smst
          • Jun 2005

Perfect! mp3tag showed me the images. All I have to do now is go through the few hundred files that I think are affected. I appreciate the help; cheers.

Comment

• paulster
            • Jan 2009

mp3tag will work on multiple files and directories at one time, so you could temporarily move the affected folders into one parent folder and let mp3tag scan that, highlight all files, remove images, save, and then move the folders back to their proper locations.

Comment

• smst
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by paulster
              mp3tag will work on multiple files and directories at one time, so you could temporarily move the affected folders into one parent folder and let mp3tag scan that, highlight all files, remove images, save, and then move the folders back to their proper locations.
              Thanks. In fact I've managed to do it a bunch of folders at a time by using the following filterL::
              Code:
              NOT %_covers% IS ""
              mp3tag tells me that there are three covers stored in each affected file: the actual album cover, a logo for Jamendo (from where they were downloaded), and the creative commons image. Is it possible to get SqueezeCenter to use the first embedded image instead of the last embedded image? That would save a lot of tagging time.

Comment

• andyg
                Former Squeezebox Guy
                • Jan 2006

It should choose the correct image, make sure the cover is marked as type FRONT_COVER or whatever it is. Send me a file if you want me to check it out. http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Large_File_Upload

Comment

• smst
                  • Jun 2005

Thanks Andy. I've uploaded "01 - Overexpanding.mp3". According to mp3tag the cover is marked as a front cover, and the other two images are marked as lyricist and other. SqueezeCenter reads the third image, marked as other.

Comment

• andyg
                    Former Squeezebox Guy
                    • Jan 2006

OK I was wrong, SBS currently uses the image with the lowest type value. Front cover is type 3, while the 3rd image in your file is type 0, this it gets chosen. I do consider this a bug, as type 3 should be preferred above 0-2. For now you may just want to delete the 3rd image.

Comment

• smst
                      • Jun 2005

Thanks for solving the mystery. I shall do just that. Cheers.

Comment

• mike_zandvliet
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by andyg
                        ... I do consider this a bug...

Hi Andy - do you know if any progress has been made on this bug? I have recently been using Jamendo a lot - and it seems pretty much every track coming from them is getting the license graphic instead of the cover image.

Many thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

Working...