X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daplein
    • Jan 2011

Current Playlist "nothing" problem ?

When I am trying to play a music file browsing the music folder
    any of my different Squeezboxes (3 Radio, 1 Boom, 1 Duet), they randomely returns the message "Nothing" in the Current Playlist Menu

Any ideas what is going on ?
    Is this a Server problem ? Cache problem ? Others.

Thanks for your support
  • dufferdan
    • Sep 2010

Many have this issue, including myself.

I have yet to hear or see a solution.

What is your setup?

I have Squeezebox Touch connected via ethernet to home network

Squeezecentre software is running on a Windows Home Server (HP 895EX) using WHS software.

iTunes running on my Intel Mac Pro.

I have run this in two formations: One where the music was simply exported into a music folder on the WHS drive (~400GB music, Apple Lossless format and some 24 bit 88 and 92 khz files in a separate folder)

Also, I transferred my library and associated library files over to the WHS, which include the Library.xml file as well. Now, I haven't pointed the SS Software to this file, but I figured that SS should be able to find it. (Wrong??)

I have exported playlists to the WHS from iTunes, edited them to match the syntax for the WHS, etc. No love.

Playlists built in SS web interface DO work however I don't want to spend days rebuilding 75 playlists.

Any generous assistance is gratefully received...
    SB Touch
    Beresford Caiman DAC
    Cambridge Azur 640 A v2 Intergrated Amp
    Rotel 1055 CD player
    Rotel 976 6 channel amp ->Kitchen/outdoor zones
    Royd Minstrel speakers
    Paradigm in-ceiling and outdoor speakers

Comment

• daplein
      • Jan 2011

My configuration is :
      Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits / AMD X4 CPU
      SB Server 7.5.2 r31632

Comment

• johnnysix
        • Oct 2011

Solved on my Diskstation using mysqueezebox account

I have just purchased a Squeezebox Touch to use with my Synology Diskstation. It auto-updated to F/W 7.6.1 at switch-on and then insisted that the DS was loaded with SBS v7.6.1. Unfortunately I was stuck with the "Nothing" playlist problem all night, with no amount of reboots fixing it.
        After midnight, I followed the complete setup procedure for the mysqueezebox.com account. This allowed me to select a music folder from my Diskstation and took me to a Web-player interface, from which I COULD play my music through the Squeezebox. Also, the Squeezebox Touch had seemingly inhereted the playlist as well and I could finally use it on its own!
        I must say I'm miffed that the playlist had to come from an online account... but perhaps I'll get round to reading the manual and find out its what we're supposed to do!
        Last edited by johnnysix; 2011-10-16, 01:51. Reason: misspelled inhereted

Comment

• lennyw
          • Oct 2011

Same problem with Duet.

This has been happening to me on occasion too, seemingly wihout any reason:

I browse all the music (FLACs) on my QNAP NAS folder tree using the "Music Folder" option. Once I have located the appropriate folder with a selection of FLAC files in (all of which are listed) I click on, say, the first file (though which number on the list is irrelevant, the same happens to all) only to be presented with a "Current Playlist" title and "nothing" as a subheading. No music plays, so that's that. If I then navigate using the folder tree to another folder, this may or may not play, but it seems arbitrary as to what the Duet chooses to play or not play.

There are no other playlist type files in the folder that it might be trying to link to.

When I open up Squeezebox server on my web browser, and use the same steps to play the file, it plays fine.

It's all very odd...

A solution would be most welcome.

Comment

Working...