Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    What file-format and quality is Spotify streaming?
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Beta Spotify App Discussion Thread

On Jan 10, 2011, at 12:40 PM, bluegaspode wrote:

>
    > What file-format and quality is Spotify streaming?

320k Vorbis (with some tracks at 160k).

Logitech Squeezebox Software Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by nsiak View Post
    I have a Squeezebox Radio and spotify works great on it the little i have tested it.
    I see that my question have already been answered with a "NO", but i would like a better answer.
    I also have a Boom and would really like to have spotify on it too. Why cant you make a simple app for Boom? I can understand that it had to be very basic but thats no problem, it would be nice to just be able to start playing different playlists.
    Adding Spotify to players like Boom, Transporter, Receiver, and Classic would require Squeezebox Server to perform transcoding, since there's not enough space in those players to add this feature.

We are not supporting transcoding Spotify streams on Squeezebox Server right now. But, if you want this capability added to 7.5.3 please add your vote to this thread!

Mickey
    Transporter > ClassÚ Audio DR6 > Mark Levinson 23 > Wilson Watt 3/Puppy 1/Martin Logan Dynamo 700

It would be better to make your request to Spotify, as the decision to support older players would be up to them (and the record labels).

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    No, we can only support Spotify on Radio and Touch.
    Andy, you can or will only support those?
    Since Triode's Spotify-plugin works with the older ones, I suspect you can support others as well?

EDIT: Sorry, saw that you guys have answered that in the meantime.

So we who uses something else than the touch and the radio, iwll have to do with Triode's 3rd party plugin, is that what Logitech are saying?

/Niclas, with three SB3's
    Last edited by nicky6; 2011-01-10 at 11:03.

Yes, you have to use Triode's plugin.

Transcode on SB Server

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyG View Post
    Adding Spotify to players like Boom, Transporter, Receiver, and Classic would require Squeezebox Server to perform transcoding, since there's not enough space in those players to add this feature.

We are not supporting transcoding Spotify streams on Squeezebox Server right now. But, if you want this capability added to 7.5.3 please add your vote to this thread!

Mickey
    Yes!!! Please add transcode on server capability! Without support for the receiver this is useless to me.

Bj÷rn

I have a problem. Cannot get through this step.

- Select "My Music" for each Radio or Touch. Choose the library on your computer running beta 7.5.3.

Check.

- Follow the instructions on the screen for the Software Update. Squeezebox will restart after the update.

There is no software update when I choose this.

Quote Originally Posted by bjohol View Post
    Yes!!! Please add transcode on server capability! Without support for the receiver this is useless to me.

Bj÷rn
    Ditto for me and my three precious SB3's

Spotify via mysqueezebox.com

I have to use Spotify App like Triode's plugin during the beta period, haven't I? So I have to connect the Squeezebox server so far. Can I install Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 to any proper NAS so I can use Spotify without Intel-limitation?

If I understood correctly after the beta period I can connect directly to Spotify via mysqueezebox.com like I can connect to Internet Radio right now. Then I have just one question: How long will the beta period be? Hopefully really short.

Kimmo

ps. Spotify App is working like a dream with one limitation - Squeezebox Server must be running somewhere.