Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Logitech Squeezebox Software Program Manager

Beta Spotify App Discussion Thread

If you've installed the beta Spotify app with beta Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 and have feedback, or have questions and comments about official Spotify on Squeezebox, then you've come to the right place!

[Update from Andy]
    If you are wondering why Spotify is not supported on our older ip3k players, here's why:

Spotify's audio API (libspotify) is closed-source, even for partners. This works fine on Radio and Touch because they've provided us with special ARM builds, but for ip3k it would have to be ported by us. Even if we were to get the source code (very unlikely) it would never fit in or run fast enough on ip3k anyway. Decrypting a large amount of AES data, plus Vorbis decoding? Forget about it.

So the other solution is transcoding, which is what Triode is doing. This is not possible for us because it violates the terms of our contract by exposing the audio in an unencrypted form. We will continue to have discussions with them on this issue, or try to come up with some alternative methods to protect the content, but this may take a while. For now, be happy with Triode's plugin!
    Last edited by andyg; 2011-01-11 at 11:18. Reason: ip3k note
    Transporter > ClassÚ Audio DR6 > Mark Levinson 23 > Wilson Watt 3/Puppy 1/Martin Logan Dynamo 700

Good job!

I only have a Squeezebox Boom. Any plans to add support for that?

No, we can only support Spotify on Radio and Touch.

ReadNAS + Spotifybeta = server gone

I installed the new beta SqueezeboxServer_7.5.3~31713-sparc-readynas.bin

After this i lost all communication with the server. It must have either changed port or just not working at all. Any ideas on how to t-shoot?

synchronize with other players

Hi, great to see an official spotify app finally coming to squeezebox.

Even though spotify only supports touch and radio is it possible to synchronize with older models and play audio through them that way?

Server & Player V3?

Do you plan to support Squeezebox Server & Player V3?

Thanks,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by meetho View Post
    Even though spotify only supports touch and radio is it possible to synchronize with older models and play audio through them that way?
    No.
    Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
    I SAID ALL OF THEM !

Windows Home Server

Tried the beta on Windows Home Server (HP Mediasmart 490) service hangs, devices hang etc. I assume it's not supported on that platform even though a beta download is listed ?

Ian

Ok it's running but Spotify is not listed under Music On-Demand

I have a Squeezebox Radio and spotify works great on it the little i have tested it.
    I see that my question have already been answered with a "NO", but i would like a better answer.
    I also have a Boom and would really like to have spotify on it too. Why cant you make a simple app for Boom? I can understand that it had to be very basic but thats no problem, it would be nice to just be able to start playing different playlists.