Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balbs
    • May 2006

Has one of my Booms died a death..?

Have had one of my Booms off power for a while - now when I power up I get the button lights but no display.... Ive tried the following..

- checked brightness not zero
    - Factory reset
    - that other reset (xlink is it called) with the 1 button
    - restarted server on my NAS

The Boom doesnt appear in the server listings - my other devices do...

So at a loss - my gut feel is that the display hasnt failed and there is something else wrong - this is a Boom well out of warranty but any ideas please... I read somewhere else that the the Wi-fi card can get loose - is there a link to how to get inside the Boom - the things have been so reliable in the past Ive never had to bother before. Thx
  • Skinny
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by balbs
    is there a link to how to get inside the Boom - the things have been so reliable in the past Ive never had to bother before. Thx
    Somewhere around here there was a link to a certain Squeezebox Boom Audio Design paper, that I have downloaded as a PDF. It has photos of a disassembled Boom. Judging by that, and I also recall reading it somewhere around here, you start by carefully removing the grilles covering the speakers. That should reveal some screws.

You do this at your own risk, of course. I haven't done it and don't know for sure.

EDIT: Here's the document: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/uploads/...dio_Design.pdf

-Skinny
    Last edited by Skinny; 2011-01-07, 20:14.
    This sentence says less than a list of audio equipment.

Comment

Working...