Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Newb: How to find the stream URL for Internet radio?

I'm a newbie. Just bought and installed my first SB Radio today. Everything went flawlessly - well done!

Now I am on the site MySqueezeBox.com, and I want to add a bunch of favorites. My problem is that I cannot figure out what the stream URL is that the SB requires.

For example, if I go to http://www.accuradio.com/finder/accuradio/jazz/ from my PC, I can click on a station and it will pop up a player window and just start to play. But as far as I can tell, the SB requires some sort of stream URL. How can I discover, for example, the stream URLs at accuradio.com?

Thanks.

From your Radio or the MySqueezeBox.com web UI install the AccuRadio App, then go to Radio > My Apps > AccuRadio

If usung the MySqueezeBox.com web UI use Remote Control > AccuRadio then just click on the *heart icon* to add that stream to your Favorites.

From the Radio you cannot add a station to Favorites from the Now Playing screen, you must hover over the station name within the menu's then press the "+" button (or press & hold the big knob), Save to Favorites will be offered.

Thanks.

Thanks. I stumbled upon that after I posted. But not all the streams from the web page are listed - so I am still curious about my original question - how do you find the stream of something with a player embedded in the page?

For example the Swingin' Pop Standards station isn't found within the app. Is there a way to find the stream?

Also there is a great station at AcousticAlternative.com where I cannot figure out the stream? IS there an app that helps you find the stream?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sometimes your not suposed too, they want you on the website :-/

Flash players....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by TooSteep View Post
    Thanks. I stumbled upon that after I posted. But not all the streams from the web page are listed - so I am still curious about my original question - how do you find the stream of something with a player embedded in the page?

For example the Swingin' Pop Standards station isn't found within the app. Is there a way to find the stream?

Also there is a great station at AcousticAlternative.com where I cannot figure out the stream? IS there an app that helps you find the stream?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    AcousticAlternative.com is already a listed stream on MySB.com, just try the Internet Radio > Search function.

AccuRadio apparently only wants certain stations to be usable from their embedded web player, as Mnyb suggests. If they want you to easily grab the URL for playback away from their web site and playable among many different devices (like a SB player) they will make it very simple to do so. Example: go to www.1.fm, notice how they make the same stream available in multiple URL formats like WinAmp (MP3) and WMP (WMA). Just click on any of those selections, this launches whichever media player you have chosen to play that format, now you can cut & paste that URL anywhere you wish, like in your MySB > Favorites.

You could email AccuRadio and ask for a direct stream URL, sometimes the stream provider cooperates, sometimes not.
    There are other methods which can be hit & miss and require some detective work. Like using a URL sniffer to track all internet traffic on your computer. When you play from an embedded web player this may sniff out a playback URL you can cut & paste into another player, but sometimes not.
    Last edited by toby10; 2010-12-19 at 06:50.

It seems accuradio is not working anymore. Not for me.
    If my squeezebox is connected to my squeezebox server it gets a server error 500.
    Also with mysqueezebox.com it is not working. In the remote application when i click on accuradio then it seems mysqueezebox.com is trying to load the station list but comes back in the main menu where it was. No station list.
    (other radio services do work)

Rob