Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Rhapsody Outage Details

More information about the recent Rhapsody issues:

Overview
    RDS has experiencing unplanned outages over the past 2 weeks. These outages generally affect the metadata servers. In addition, there was a playback outage yesterday.

Maintenance/Outage Info
    As much as twice a day, an outage of the full metadata farm occurs averaging 20 minutes in length. This has been happening randomly over the last 2 weeks.
    On Thursday November 18th, 2010, we experienced a playback outage for upwards of 1 hour.
    At this time, we believe this is caused by an unstable relationship between the app servers and the content databases. Obviously the problem goes much deeper than this, and as of yet we are still looking for the solution.

Mitigation
    What are we doing about it? We have a full cross-functional team working on this. This is our highest priority, and we fully understand the negative impact this has on our customers and partners. We are working hard to root out and solve the problem causing these outages for our customers.

Time to bring on Mog .Im tired of dealing with Rhapsody issues like the proxy errors today.

Andyg,

Is there any progress being made with the Rhapsody issues? The main persisting problem is now annoying stoppages and skipping of tracks. It really is a non-useable service at this time.It seems to occur primarily when synced with other SBes(not sure, but maybe sync involving a Boom with a Touch?), but many others have reported problems synced or unsynced. I use SBS 7.5.1 from a pc.

I am hopeful that a fix is near because Rhapsody is one of my favorite music services. Thank you.
    Last edited by Ikabob; 2010-11-27 at 06:06.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.7.3; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Slacker;Sky.com;Rhapsody;
    Sirius.com;CalmRadio
    Ipeng remote controller.

FWIW, Rhapsody has been trouble-free for me since I installed the r9218 firmware. I'm running SBS 7.5.1 off of a Mac. I had Rhapsody on most of yesterday afternoon in a mix of my library content and channels and didn't hear a hiccup.

I know that doesn't help; when I first got the Touch about 3 weeks ago in the middle of the big Rhapsody glitch it was very frustrating, as Rhapsody access was one of the main reasons I bought it!

Unhappy 502 Proxy Errors

Any luck solving the 502 Proxy Errors when trying to use Rhapsody from a squeezebox?

Avid Squeezebox owner needs to know!

As I understand this, Logitech is working with Rhapsody to solve this.

Good Luck and soon...

Quote Originally Posted by cjfreitag View Post
    FWIW, Rhapsody has been trouble-free for me since I installed the r9218 firmware. I'm running SBS 7.5.1 off of a Mac. I had Rhapsody on most of yesterday afternoon in a mix of my library content and channels and didn't hear a hiccup.

I know that doesn't help; when I first got the Touch about 3 weeks ago in the middle of the big Rhapsody glitch it was very frustrating, as Rhapsody access was one of the main reasons I bought it!

Rhapsody works ok when I am using only the Touch and/or Radio. But when I introduce the Boom synchronized with the Touch/Radio that's when the stopping and skipping begins.... Badly. I really like Rhapsody so I really hope this is fixable. Napster does not do this.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.7.3; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Slacker;Sky.com;Rhapsody;
    Sirius.com;CalmRadio
    Ipeng remote controller.