Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How Do You Change The Scrolling on the Display Window?

Usually my Squeezebox Boom is on constant scrolling but yesterday I noticed it was scrolling slower than usual, scrolling every 5-6 seconds. It would then slow down even more. Today it only scrolls one time whenever a new song gets played and it won't scroll again until the following song gets played. I did not change any settings and was wondering why it is doing this. I tried finding in the Menu listings a way to fix the problem but have had no luck. How do I change it back to the way it was?

Perhaps my Internet connection is partly causing this but it should not be changing my settings without my say so. The manual that comes with the radio is of no use at all. Any info would be appreciated.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=83248

In short, wait a few months or use SBS. You can also trigger a new scroll by doing something.

Thanks. I'm happy to know that it's not a problem on my end. Hopefully they can get it fixed. The scrolling needed to be worked on. Maybe once they finally get it done it will work better than before.

Smile

Both of my Squeezebox Booms automatically updated their firmware this afternoon and now the text scrolling is running continuously and smoothly! I'm glad to see this feature back in operation again.....I listen to a lot of more obscure music and am always wanting to check artist/title information. The "one scroll and stop" that was used for awhile was making me crazy.