Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Icons for chrome 'app'?

I'm trying to supply better icons for Chrome to pick up when using the web interface as a Chrome 'application'.

According to the Gears API, it would just need the appropriate PNGs dropped into the right place:

Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:9000/icon32x32.png
    I tried dropping the file into the Default and EN skin dirs but no joy - the server doesn't show the images when I try to access them at that URL.

I'm using Squeezebox Server 7.5.1 installed on Win7 x64

I'm obviously doing something wrong, probably looking at this too simplistically. Any help would be appreciated

Try dropping them into the HTML subfolder of the skin.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried that but it doesn't work that way either.

Quote Originally Posted by limawhiskey View Post
    I'm trying to supply better icons for Chrome to pick up when using the web interface as a Chrome 'application'.

According to the Gears API, it would just need the appropriate PNGs dropped into the right place:
    That is not at all what I got from that page.

First, Gears is now deprecated. Expect that to go away...

Second, you would have to insert the js that is on that page into the HTML that SBS serves, so IT could call the code (desktop.createShortcut) to create the shortcut... having files named a specific way has nothing to do with it... calling desktop.createShortcut is what does the magic and it takes whatever you pass it.

Favicon.ico is perhaps what you want, but that's not going to get you a better image.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I thought maybe creating an app shortcut in Chrome would be calling that function and looking for icons at that location. You can tell I'm no programmer - I did warn that I was probably being simple!