Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: What's your highest priority

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • More images of your music collection

9 8.33%
  • More Screensafers

3 2.78%
  • Better player syncing

16 14.81%
  • Mysqueezebox.com - Player Switching

6 5.56%
  • Better Search

13 12.04%
  • Drag'n'Drop for the playlist

16 14.81%
  • TrackStat Ratings

6 5.56%
  • IRBlaster integration

5 4.63%
  • Big Screen with Album Covers for selection

16 14.81%
  • Something else

18 16.67%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

What should be in the next version of SqueezePad (part 2)

SqueezePad 1.6 is going to the AppStore this weekend and will feature
    - album and artist caching
    - playlist protection
    - some controls on the screensafer
    - WOL
    - server detection.

As with this release the most voted features from my last poll (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=563167) are finished, it's time to ask for current priorities again.

Is I'm still just a lonely programmer spending the nights on SqueezePad, things can just come one after the other.

So take your time and vote for the thing you want me to start at next.

More images of your music collection
    Are you bored of seeing the same covers over and over ?
    Why not (automatically) loading some from web and showing them instead ?
    Pictures from concerts, promo-material from the artist - it's all available on Flickr, Last.FM, Google ů

Why not browse all these images like in the 'Photos' App ? Fullscreen, with scaling, as a slideshow ... while you are listening to them ?

More Screensafers
    What about a new screensafer, that shows part of the playlist, like in this mockup:
    http://www.squeezepad.com/?attachment_id=285

Better player syncing
    Syncing players is available in the current version of SqueezePad via the default logitech menu. If you do it often, the Logitech way ("select a player, sync it to another player, switch to the next player ...") might not be the most comfortable one for you.

Along easier 'ad hoc'-Synchronisation I want you to save and load your named set of synced Players, because usually parties often span the same rooms and players that need to be synced.

Mysqueezebox.com - Player Switching
    Someone needing regular player switching from and to MySB.com ? Then this is your vote.

Better Search
    What about a Search-Control somewhere on the main UI ?
    Enter a search term and get a combined search for artists/albums/titles.

Drag'n'Drop for the playlist
    What about dragging songs or albums from left to right into the playlist ?

TrackStat Ratings
    Never used this feature myself - other Apps have this feature so it might be important. Tell me with your votes !

IRBlaster integration
    Get better controls to control your Amps via IRBlaster.

Big Screen with Album Covers for selection
    A screen filled with the cover art of your library for searching and selecting. Sorta like the example posted here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...&postcount=202

Something else
    If you think your most important feature is not in the list, vote here and comment in this thread.
    If this point gets enough votes I'll start the poll again with different options
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

I would be nice to have a big screen with covers to choose

Hi,

I would like to have a kind of display modus. This means if you turn the "display modus" on, you could see everything displayed on the iPad which is normally shown on the display of your player eg touch, or transporter.

So I can sit in front of my transporter scroll with any remote i like through my library and see the scrolling, menues and everything on my ipad placed near me.

carrera
    SBClassic, Touch, Receiver eingelagert - Duet, Radio, Boom, Touch in Verwendung ansonsten:OrangeSqueeze, iPeng, SqueezePad
    Server: Synology DS, Files: FLAC

It's a 'something else'...provide support for those with classical music tagged with meta-data for composer, performer/soloist etc. by having this on the 'now playing' screen.

You mentioned an option for new screensaver modes and I looked at your mock up. Would it be difficult to show the playlist along with the large album art in the screensaver mode? I noticed while I was making the image below that you posted a response for something similar on the main screen in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frorsteig View Post
    You mentioned an option for new screensaver modes and I looked at your mock up. Would it be difficult to show the playlist along with the large album art in the screensaver mode? I noticed while I was making the image below that you posted a response for something similar on the main screen in another thread.
    Yeah - this type of layout will be possible on the mainscreen in the future.
    The main menu will get a small button (like the playlist pane). Then you can dismiss the main menu but leave the playlist open. The cover will move to the left then.

In the end it will quite look like the mockup you did (will have the normal bars on top and bottom though). I think this will be a very cool feature once implemented. This feature is not part of the poll, as I'll do it anyway.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Something else:

Using the application in landscape and portraid mode.
    Main reason to use it in portraid is when standing on the dockingstation.
    And the irblaster support.

Rob

I voted for the better search functionality. As stated in my post in the long SqueezePad thread. With this functionality it would become much easier for me to find my staff in my library f.e.

On the other hand I'd appreciate the drag'n'drop playlist as well.

cheers

I voted for the big screen with album art to select.

Some UI idea's:

Integrate into screensaver, pinch/contract action to go from playing one into the overview with all albums, swipe up Down left right to scroll, tap-hold to see tracks, tap to play or add to play list, pinchout to return from over view to current playing one.

Maybe act as airply hub to stream sqb to airplay receivers......
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

many thanks for the update. The WOL has made this my main ipad app now.