Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 444 of 447 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 4464
    Some recent purchases on vinyl that I'm enjoying just now - some have accompanying download codes, others I ripped:

Tokyo Flashback - a first press on vinyl for an early 1990s compilation of Japanese psych music. Includes luminaries such as Keiji Haino (one track solo and one with Fushitsusha, Ghost and so forth. There's a download code redeemable via Bandcamp.

Spacemen 3 - Performance A live LP from 1988. Came with a download code via Bandcamp, but it doesn't work.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯ ∞ Their first LP, I think this is an old copy but not of the first edition, comes with an enveloped of reprinted concert flyers a penny flattened on a railway line and so forth.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.1 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    https://royalpotatofamily.com/produc...here-on-earth/ has a WAV download that I converted to FLAC so basically lossless and there is a 25% discount right now listed on the site. So unless you need the disk it works out about the same
    I found it annoying that they had the WAV but didn't have a FLAC. I'm not sure just what the point is. I ended up buying elsewhere.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I found it annoying that they had the WAV but didn't have a FLAC. I'm not sure just what the point is. I ended up buying elsewhere.

R.
    I have seen several places offering wav downloads but not flac. Not a big deal to convert to flac, but the lack of tags is annoying.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.1 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Random Mix conmes up with a nice list.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 @ Sun Aug 20 04:39:12 UTC 2017
    Platform: i686-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.1 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 4

Squeezebox3:
    Firmware: 137

Duet: (2 receivers, 1 controller)
    Firmware: 77

Boom
    Firmware: 57
    ----------------------------------------------------------

NOW PLAYING

10. Where We Start from On An Island by David Gilmour in 2006
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2017-12-23 at 18:02.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1518987734 @ Sun Feb 18 22:55:43 CET 2018
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8 Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Ethernet to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition)

Name:  Folder.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  wrecking crew.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  50.8 KB

I just saw the documentary on The Wrecking Crew last night, and have been listening to some of the music that this amorphous assemblage played on back in the sixties and seventies. It's jaw dropping how well they played, and who they played with, a generation of American music:

The Beach Boys (including Pet Sounds) - almost all the instruments on the recordings, from charts by Brian Wilson

Jan and Dean

Phil Spector's wall-of-sound productions, including the marathon production of the Christmas record

Elvis Presley

Frank and Nancy Sinatra

Herb Alpert

Sonny and Cher

Mamas and Papas

And the list goes on and on.

Bass player and sometime guitarist Carol Kay was a treat to see interviewed, on both technical bass playing and on the issues with being a woman in an almost entirely male environment. Tough lady and just the best bass player.

It's also provides great insight into how the music was created during that era, and about how quickly the scene can change. One moment they're on top of the world, the next they're scrabbling for work and being security guards -- or doing comic self-mocking turns on schlocky tv.

At the moment I'm listening to the Something Stupid joint recording of Frank and Nancy, done with the Wrecking Crew. Lots of great commentary by Nancy in the documentary. And the song is not as father-daughter creepy as the single photo might imply.

Name:  frank and nancy something stupic.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  47.4 KB
    Last edited by RonM; 2017-12-31 at 11:19.
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

The Wrecking Crew documentary is fantastic. I read the book as well (see link). Simply amazing to think about all the hits that came out of those folks.
    https://is.gd/Rsz4wr
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I've been considering which version of Auld Lang Syne to play at midnight, and have a winner! There was never any doubt:

Name:  eddi reader songs of burns.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  26.5 KB

https://youtu.be/-Ppqjbd_wHw

Eddi Reader's version is not only authentic and complete (not just one verse), but sublime. It's on her Songs of Robert Burns. She's a Scottish national treasure, with a long career in high-grade pop and roots music.
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I've been considering which version of Auld Lang Syne to play at midnight, and have a winner! There was never any doubt:

Eddi Reader's version is not only authentic and complete (not just one verse), but sublime. It's on her Songs of Robert Burns. She's a Scottish national treasure, with a long career in high-grade pop and roots music.
    Thanks. Beautiful! My favorite version is on an old Cajun Christmas compilation. It is Michael Doucet and Beausoleil (youtube link below). I'm looking forward to seeing the band in a week or so.

https://youtu.be/rsgiy28CKW8
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify