Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    'Funny' you should mention that. I was almost going to sell one of my Touches. I even went as far as packing it up. Even though it was in the original box I thought about putting bubble wrap around the unit. But I came to the conclusion that it would have made things worse because there is very little room between the box lid and the touch, so the bubble wrap would be pressing against the screen.

So, yeah, it's entirely possible.
    Last edited by Fizbin; 2016-06-22 at 05:05.

Thanks. I may eventually try to open it if it gets too annoying.

Ultimate Power Supply for your Touch

Just let you know that the UpTone Audio new LPS-1 power supply will make a quite good improvement to your touch.
    For what you get price is not bad. (And you can keep using your LPS)

http://uptoneaudio.com/products/ultracap-lps-1

Quote Originally Posted by R1200CL View Post
    Just let you know that the UpTone Audio new LPS-1 power supply will make a quite good improvement to your touch.
    What specific aspects does it improve?
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by R1200CL View Post
    For what you get price is not bad. (And you can keep using your LPS)

http://uptoneaudio.com/products/ultracap-lps-1
    So you've compared this with the stock power supply? What differences are you're hearing? I would have to see some measurements to back your claim.

Wow that looks insanely overengineered (or under, get it out the door) -- can there be any more components on that board?!? Isn't this Vinnie Rossi's idea?
    Last edited by sckramer; 2016-10-23 at 22:36.
    Scott Kramer - AudioSystem - YouTube - Twitter

Hope no one minds if I jump into an old thread, but..................

We get questions about things of this nature, all the time. So, if I may be permitted, let me make this one observation.

We have noticed, from time to time, there was a 60 Hz spur, in our phase noise measurements. (Measuring and quantifying clocks is one of the main tasks, in the other side of the business.) It would come and go, and we had a hard time nailing down its cause.

Turns out it was the 5 V wall warts, that we sometimes used to warm up clocks, before sticking them in the main test fixture.

The reason I point this out it is the same brand, and model, that frequently comes with Squeezebox products.

Granted, this noise is pretty far down, in the noise. But, it is there, and we could occasionally see its effects.

Can anyone hear this, on their Squeezebox? I dunno.............maybe, maybe not. But, if we can measure it, the possibility exists that one can hear it.

For the record, other brands are as bad, or worse. Some models, of the same manufacturer, are better. The SMPS we have looked at seem to be all over the map, and there is no clear-cut good, or bad, brand/model.

LPS have their own issues.

The answer is there is no 100% correct answer. And we tossed a small handful, of wall warts, just to be sure.

Huge improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    What specific aspects does it improve?
    Everything

Sorry. I have not seen your question before now.

It's hard for me to describe, but in my friends setup the difference was really huge. You have to try for yourself to really believe.

You will find a lot more about how brilliant the LPS-1 is over at CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    So you've compared this with the stock power supply? What differences are you're hearing? I would have to see some measurements to back your claim.
    About measurements, please as Alex / Superdad or Johan Swenson over in the CA. (Computer Audiophile).

Quote Originally Posted by sckramer View Post
    Isn't this Vinnie Rossi's idea?
    I can't tell you who got the idea. The LPS-1 came out first. Yes it's same technology. Vinnie is spending money on having a patent. His PS is more expensive and have higher ratings.

You can serial connect the LPS-1 for higher voltage, but as a rule not parallel, so you are limited to 1,1 or 1,2 A.