Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pelliott321 View Post
    Somebody must have the original somewhere
    I know John has gone commercial now and understand him trying to protect his business but I just want to try this PS out not go into production
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post847577
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 383GB,1346 albums with 18894 songs by 4501 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Peter314 View Post
    They are still available from Logitech.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/pr...ueezebox-touch
    Wow, thanks for that. I had searched through the site and couldn't find it.

OK I found it too

Now that's providing help
    thanks

Logitechs spare site is really really hard to navigate ? There are more spares and stuff than you imagine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I've replaced the power supply and I am still having issues with the touch screen. It doesn't matter that much to me because I have become accustomed to using the remote or a wifi device to control the Squeezebox Touch.

However, occasionally while using the remote, the display fluctuates between the large text associated with using the remote and the small 'touch' text. Then the remote stops working and my only option is to unplug and replug.

Any suggestions? I am not adverse to opening up the unit and making some minor modifications. Otherwise, I may just replace it with the piCore/Jivelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    Thanks for that. However, the remote works most of the time. The Squeezebox Touch screen is mostly unresponsive towards the top upper left, making it difficult to select the power on/off, or the top line of any menu.
    So, I am thinking that the screen was damaged in some way.

Oops. I obviously didn't read your post carefully enough. That's a strange issue. I can see that arising if the unit was dropped but to just come on all of a sudden is perplexing. The fact that the remote stops working as well sounds like your Touch has one foot in the grave. Sometimes I see used ones on ebay, without remotes, go for silly money. I'd go that route, rather than taking your apart...unless you can identify the exact issue.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    I've replaced the power supply and I am still having issues with the touch screen. It doesn't matter that much to me because I have become accustomed to using the remote or a wifi device to control the Squeezebox Touch.

However, occasionally while using the remote, the display fluctuates between the large text associated with using the remote and the small 'touch' text. Then the remote stops working and my only option is to unplug and replug.

Any suggestions? I am not adverse to opening up the unit and making some minor modifications. Otherwise, I may just replace it with the piCore/Jivelite.
    If it fluctuates between large and small text , that suggest that it thinks someone has a finger on the screen :/ wonder if the screen is on its last leg
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    If it fluctuates between large and small text , that suggest that it thinks someone has a finger on the screen :/ wonder if the screen is on its last leg
    That is what I am afraid of. I recently moved and although I had the Touch wrapped in bubble wrap, perhaps there was some pressure against the screen and it has not totally sprung back out.